Post-Game Talk: The Finnish Sieve lets in four god awful goals

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Easily winnable game. Our D needs to adjust to covering the shot instead of the open man on nights like this

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I say this as someone who has defended Koski a lot in the past....

Difference tonight was goaltending. Plain and simple. Bad goals but also let in untimely goals. I was ok with a lot of the game by the players but the goalie cost them. It’s that simple.

Markstrom was a million times better. Look at the last 3 minutes. Made every save he needed to. I could almost personally guarantee that a couple of those would have gone in on Koski tonight.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think koski did not play well but did our defense ever let him down on multiple accounts. Also our second and third barring the final two minutes were not good. Probably Jesse, McDavid and Bouchard were the only ones who looked okay.
Bouchard looked ok? With the puck maybe. Completely lost his coverage for 2 easy goals out front for Calgary.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This is a garbage team. I’m sorry, it is, and beating up on Ottawa doesn’t change that. We will not win a thing with Tippett, Holland, and Koskinen all here and I’d bet my life on it.

No need to be dramatic. It's common sense this team is not even close to good enough. lol

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015
Koskinen is terrible. That wasn't just a bad night, the ever-present flaws in his fundamentals were put on full display.

Reactions: TB12

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would agree that Koskinen didn't play good but it is not like the boys played well defensively for him.

3 on 1 and you have McDavid back. Gave the Flames 2 cross creases passes for easy goals.

3/6 were just straight up bad d

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Team played the first 20 minutes and the last 5. Bad hockey team played a bad hockey game. Bad goaltending, bad defensive zone coverage, bad PK, no toughness. Gross

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Also there's still no reason to play Russell ever. Him and Jones should be the odd ones out rn.

Bouchard was responsible for both those goals against. Lost his man both times. Good passing doesn’t absolve you of defensive zone responsibilities.

Reactions: Oilers90

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Skinners outing was worse, but at least we outscored it. This game was stolen by Markstrom and lost by Kosko.

I dont think it actually was worse. Skinner made some big saves at least. And its hard to blame Skinner, he never belonged in this league.

He also doesn't make starter money.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Rough game. Goaltending was the difference, but I wouldn't absolve the team defense on some of those goals either. Need to find a way to put in a 60 minute effort so we don't need to rely on goaltending so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad