The Finnish Flash is now The American Flash

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
I'd love to recite that old tweet of his regarding Valavuori but this is the wrong place for that. :laugh:

I don't know how else to phrase this but Teemu Selanne has always struck me as having a personality very similar to that of Brick from Anchorman. Like, his Twitter takes are literally "I hate lamp". He doesn't actually hate lamp, it's just the first thing he saw that day.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I must admit I have never thought of Teemu Selänne in a very positive light after I found out he is a Trump-supporter. I guess his becoming an American citizen isn't overly surprising, but there aren't too many Finnish ex-players who change nationality, are there?

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I must admit I have never thought of Teemu Selänne in a very positive light after I found out he is a Trump-supporter. I guess his becoming an American citizen isn't overly surprising, but there aren't too many Finnish ex-players who change nationality, are there?
I realize this was possibly unintentional, but as someone who is themselves pursuing naturalisation / dual citizenship - I just want to say that aquiring another passport isn't really changing nationality.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Does he still live in LA?
Not LA, but yes; southern California.

I'm pretty sure he's in Laguna Beach and this citizenship ceremony took place in Santa Ana (both Orange County, like Anaheim).

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I realize this was possibly unintentional, but as someone who is themselves pursuing naturalisation / dual citizenship - I just want to say that aquiring another passport isn't really changing nationality.
You're right, of course. I just meant that I'm not aware of a lot of Finns from the NHL who had done this. But I'm sure there are some.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Depends what he wants. He doesn't have to, if he doesn't want to.
Although, if he doesn't want to, he gotta stay X amount of months in Finland each year.
(i don't remember how many months is required)
Really? That sounds odd. Never heard that before. I know plenty of dual citizens. Mostly just North Africa, Former Yugoslav countries or swedish + Finnish though.

Haula has at least pursued citizenship, his wife is American.
I think Jere "Jerry" Lehtinen also considered it for awhile when he was mosly living over there

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Really? That sounds odd. Never heard that before. I know plenty of dual citizens. Mostly just North Africa, Former Yugoslav countries or swedish + Finnish though.

I think Jere "Jerry" Lehtinen also considered it for awhile when he was mosly living over there
I have a family member who has lived in Germany from the late 70's, he is both German and Finnish nationality, because he didn't want to let go his Finnish nationality, but he spends summers here,
so he still be Finnish.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Looks like he's got kids born in both Canada and the US.

The respective passport agencies appreciate the additional business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad