Post-Game Talk: The Finn Armia win! Habs win 4-3 in SO vs NYI

POTM (05/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Why are you slating Schlemko next to Petry? Schlemko never proved he could play top-4 minutes, plus he'll take time to get to NHL speed. It's ill-advised to place him there based on a couple of pre-season games imo.

Schlemko never had the chance to prove his value on this team since he's been acquired! The guy just can't stay healthy but he's decent! Believe me! :laugh:

He's this new type of D's, good first pass, able to skate to avoid pressure or create pressure...

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Is there any point in keeping Alzner?

For HFHabs 'shooping material? :bow:

sgikcy.jpg

(I don't know why you wanted a flamingo in there, @Runner77, but here it is :D)

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Shaw was one the first PP one shift because Armia was on the ice the shift before the PP.
That part I get, now can someone tell me why Armia is on that or any PP unit? He does not touch the puck in the PP, and he is not standing front of the net (Gally is) so I see no need or point in using him on the PP.

I think when Weber returns I would use Weber and Petry on the point and let Drouin take Armia's forward position. Ideally Drouin is down low on the same side as Weber. If the forwards play high to cover Weber's bomb, Drouin can burn you with his shot or his passing down low. You try to cover Drouin and you leave that Weber bomb open.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
That part I get, now can someone tell me why Armia is on that or any PP unit? He does not touch the puck in the PP, and he is not standing front of the net (Gally is) so I see no need or point in using him on the PP.

I think when Weber returns I would use Weber and Petry on the point and let Drouin take Armia's forward position. Ideally Drouin is down low on the same side as Weber. If the forwards play high to cover Weber's bomb, Drouin can burn you with his shot or his passing down low. You try to cover Drouin and you leave that Weber bomb open.
That and Drouin terrifies me at the point

Reactions: CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
That and Drouin terrifies me at the point

Not as much as Benn terrifies me. Seriously I see Drouin walking the line with puck on PP and I am thinking here comes a SH breakaway. If they insist on 4 F 1D with Weber I'd rather have Domi as the F on the point feeding Weber

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

he's really good at recovering pucks from the corners...and that helps keep sustained pressure on the PP.

and he touched the puck on the PP last night since he got an assist on Domi's PP goal.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lehkonen goal was awarded to Juulsen, his first of the season. However Armia was stolen from an assist as he clearly push the puck to KK before the goal.... Another mistake from the NHL imo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
NHL today took the goal away from Lehkonen and awarded it to Juulsen. They surely reviewed it and came to the conclusion that Lehkonen never really redirected the shot.

So Juulsen has 2 career NHL goals. Both of them were at Barclay's Center in very similar fashion in the same exact spot.

His first goal last season:

His second goal last night (@ 3:42):

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For HFHabs 'shooping material? :bow:

sgikcy.jpg

(I don't know why you wanted a flamingo in there, @Runner77, but here it is :D)

Never occurred to me you'd do an inflatable flamingo, lol.

The inflatable flamingo covers way more ice than Alzner doing the flamingo when facing shots. It's a great trade-off if we could only have it.

Reactions: Bloumeister

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
he's really good at recovering pucks from the corners...and that helps keep sustained pressure on the PP.

and he touched the puck on the PP last night since he got an assist on Domi's PP goal.
Wayyyyyy tooo complicated to understand for this board.

Reactions: 417

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
NHL today took the goal away from Lehkonen and awarded it to Juulsen. They surely reviewed it and came to the conclusion that Lehkonen never really redirected the shot.

So Juulsen has 2 career NHL goals. Both of them were at Barclay's Center in very similar fashion in the same exact spot.

His first goal last season:

His second goal last night (@ 3:42):

It sure looked like Lehkonen redirected it. Maybe Boychuk tipped it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there any point in keeping Alzner?

If he had a less onerous contract for a shorter term and if this GM weren't the one who had signed him, then there would really be no point in keeping him.

If Alzner had been a Ranger, his fate would have been decided long ago:

Defenseman Brendan Smith was placed on waivers by the New York Rangers on Thursday (Feb. 8th, 2018).

Smith, who turned 29 Thursday, signed a four-year, $17.4 million contract ($4.35 million average annual value) with New York on June 29 (2017) and has eight points (one goal, seven assists) in 44 games this season. Smith was not claimed by another NHL team and was sent to Hartford, the Rangers' affiliate in the American Hockey League, on Friday.

Reactions: CDN24 and PhysicX

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Before the last nights' game Juulsen was atrocious for a stretch. His turnover on the second Eller goal was only one of his gaffes. But of course it only counts if Benn is involved.

Oh he was bad in particular his first game back from injury but I did cut him some slack not to mention Price was off on that goal.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
If he had a less onerous contract for a shorter term and if this GM weren't the one who had signed him, then there would really be no point in keeping him.

If Alzner had been a Ranger, his fate would have been decided long ago:

Defenseman Brendan Smith was placed on waivers by the New York Rangers on Thursday (Feb. 8th, 2018).

Smith, who turned 29 Thursday, signed a four-year, $17.4 million contract ($4.35 million average annual value) with New York on June 29 (2017) and has eight points (one goal, seven assists) in 44 games this season. Smith was not claimed by another NHL team and was sent to Hartford, the Rangers' affiliate in the American Hockey League, on Friday.

The problem though for the Rangers, like the Habs has not gone away. Brendan Smith played last night-he is still under the same contract eating up $4.3M in cap space for 3 more years including this one. Like Alzner he has some bonus money and some front loading which makes a buyout almost pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad