Pre-Game Talk: The final Free Agent Frenzy PGT? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Where did he say that? Sometimes pride gets to your head, I wouldn't blame anyone for believing in himself, trying to reach his goals. He's a fast skating power forward, we have the playmakers and the soft team to fit. Maybe I like second chances and the island of broken toys, I'd be happy if he signed for cheap, I'd rather give him a chance than wasting time with Armia. Armia is like the fat emo-dependant girl stocking Bergevin, I'd rather gamble on Valeri.

Jagr said that a few years ago when the hype was there.

The thing with Nuke is that you have to give him the chance to play top 6, unlike Armia who can plan everywhere in the bottom 6. I don’t see how we could free up a spot in the top 6.

I think that he is now in the bust territory. I don’t see a fit.

Reactions: FF de Mars

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He doesn't have the skills? That's a big and bold statement you're making.
It isn't a bold statement, the guy just got released and is done in this league. He can't produce against higher caliber players that's all there is to it. Having "Skillz" isn't enough to play in the NHL.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Zero goals in 56 games. No he doesn’t have the skill

10 points in 53 games, 24 year old, narcissic athlete type, we don't know what happened behind the scenes. A lot happens in your brain, it is called social construct. He hasn't found the right place, he were rushed, too. Put him on a soft Habs team he'll succeed crashing the net with pride and passing back to the playmakers to set him up. The guy had great ambitions and flopped in an instant gratification game when the coaches would prefer lesser players to him, of course he's gonna feel beat up.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The fact that there is no news about Duchene means he likely hasn't made up his mind yet, as Pavelski and Talbot likely did. Considering it was Nashville's race to lose, the more this drags on, the better it is from a Habs perspective

Could also mean the opposite. That he already met every parties he wanted to meet and that his decision is made and that he's just waiting for tomorrow to sign the thing and make it official.Hard to say really

That said i'm pretty sure he's Nashville bound. They cleared cap for him with the Subban trade. Chances are that it'sbecause they are very confident in their chances.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

I just cant understand why people want to go after a FA backup goalie

How can Lindgren become a backup goalie, if they keep never trying to SEE if can be a backup goalie... we just keep sending him to AHL to be the starting goalie...so they view him as a "starter" ?

Its just puzzling to me that we need to waste money on something we already have...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Jagr said that a few years ago when the hype was there.

The thing with Nuke is that you have to give him the chance to play top 6, unlike Armia who can plan everywhere in the bottom 6. I don’t see how we could free up a spot in the top 6.

I think that he is now in the bust territory. I don’t see a fit.

I'm sure he would be fine playing top 9 the way our centers are now a strenght; and Julien played Armia on the powerplay last season, just give him the same minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad