Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Williams was terrible tonight

This.

Also, pulling goalie with 2 min left ended up being counterproductive. We were outworking and dominating prior to that, then we yanked goalie, and looked confused and stagnant. AND it allowed Stars to end game instantly with a single, full-ice toss.

Next game, let's start trying hard in first period?

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Lord, I want to win the damn Cup solely to bring some sunshine to some of you miserable ******** in here. Damn man, Caps can't get credit for jack **** until they win it all in here lol

I want to stop lurking but you guys are even more negative than I am

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Oshie is awesome, i know he'll be huge in the playoffs. you can tell that. same goes to shattenkirk. kuzy can fell into any side, could be huge or could be again non-factor. he needs to cut his cuteness and shoot the puck. i'm afraid ovie won't turn on, he looks bad. hopefully he proves me wrong

+++ oshie, shattenkirk
++ kuznetsov (can be better, needs oshie's greed), vrana, winnik, gruby
+ johanson, eller, connolly, beagle, wilson
= backstrom (was good on the 2nd half, not so much on the 1st), alzner (created a great pass, but otherwise was meh in O zone)
- williams, our defence wo shatternkirk and alzner
-- hotlby
--- ovechkin

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
No stop it. We must not feel good about the second-half performance.

What? Can't we acknowledge the fact that we did everything right in the last 25 minutes? Crisp puck movement, crafty passes, great speed, weave drill and a ton of scoring chances. 44 shots to 22, attempted over 80 shots in the game.

If we just go back to being patient with the puck and finding the nearest open guy, we'll have success like we did a few weeks ago.

Let's stop with this negativity nonsense.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Lord, I want to win the damn Cup solely to bring some sunshine to some of you miserable ******** in here. Damn man, Caps can't get credit for jack **** until they win it all in here lol

I want to stop lurking but you guys are even more negative than I am

Not just us.

After game, Boucher and Roenick said Caps just didn't bother showing up till half the game was over. 'The Caps are a good team when they compete. WHEN they compete,' JR said.

I mean, points for trying hard at the end. But before that, they were sloppy and lazy. That's all.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
When opponents have momentum, 2nd and 3rd D pairs look like pylons at times. Get Schmidt back in there.

Not much to take away from this game. Caps remain very inconsistent .

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
What? Can't we acknowledge the fact that we did everything right in the last 25 minutes? Crisp puck movement, crafty passes, great speed, weave drill and a ton of scoring chances. 44 shots to 22, attempted over 80 shots in the game.

If we just go back to being patient with the puck and finding the nearest open guy, we'll have success like we did a few weeks ago.

Let's stop with this negativity nonsense.

Dude, sarcasm.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Play like they did the last 1/2 of the game in the first 1/2 and its a different outcome tonight.

But they didn't. And wouldn't have if it was a 1-1 game. The bottom line is 5 goals in the last 3 games and a common theme from last season and this season. I don't see those last 30 minutes carrying over into the next game. We'll see.

OV played a little bit better but it's pretty clear that if the Caps win the cup he will be a passenger. The less time the puck spends on his stick the better as he is a turnover waiting to happen. All I want from him is a shot or maybe a quick move and shot. I don't know why fans still get excited when he takes the puck down the left side.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
More over reaction please....

Sometimes the bounces don't go your way. ovechkin could have easily had 3 goals. The Stars are a talented team that had underachieved and tonight got amazing goaltending from a goalie who plays his best against us.

Like the Caps response and really should have had 2 or 3 ppgs alone if not for puck luck.

Gotta start more focused for sure but it's an 82 game season.

If you want to over react after a game where we had 80+ shot attempts to like 49 then you may want to consider being a Pens or Bruins fan

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Not just us.

After game, Boucher and Roenick said Caps just didn't bother showing up till half the game was over. 'The Caps are a good team when they compete. WHEN they compete,' JR said.

I mean, points for trying hard at the end. But before that, they were sloppy and lazy. That's all.

Marble mouth Roenick cannot be trusted. Caps get one or 2 bounces and he'd be on his knees praising them.

Pens were down 3-0 to Sabres yesterday and got some puck luck. They didn't really look all that great for the first half of their game either.

Narrative is so easy to contort based on outcome when individual games have so much randomness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad