The FAN590: Daly & Saskin in Washington with Mediators - (February 13th, 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
If it is for legalities of impasse, it may have to do with future revenue versus last best offer. They will not make the offer for the same amount next season if this is cancelled.

Although this might not be the case, IMHO, the league would be better off closing and then reemerge as a new league if the strike goes past the end of the season. I believe they will find that the replacement route is too difficult.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
If a deal was completed, do they have to file it or make it official at some type of bureau? Perhaps Saskin and Daly are filing papers of a deal being done? Theres the optomist in me....

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The union probably wants something.

Currently the players are not allowed into the buildings to train or get the stuff from their lockers. My bet is the they are discussing whether or not the players will be allowed back into the buildings since the season will be canned and they will not longer technically be "locked out."

I think it's something along those lines.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
For whatever reason, the FAN590 is taking a feed from ESPN radio, and I think they have been since Friday night/Saturday morning. This is probably why they cant stream this over the net, as their own. ESPN radio is talking about college basketball and arena football... both crap.

They do however break every 20 mins for their 20/20 update.

NewBreed19

TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
We should all stop posting in this thread, until there is further news. So people don't have to come back to pages and pages of BS.
I heard it on the fan 590 on satellite radio, so believe what you want. :shakehead

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Scugs said:
It's reported that Daly and Saskin are meeting with mediators in Washington. Also reported is that there is no talk about saving the season, its all about cancellation. To which extent isnt known. But there you have it.

I find it hard to believe that the NHL would not know what the consequences of a canceled season would be. Not to mention that everything is closed on a Sunday.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
waffledave said:
The union probably wants something.

Currently the players are not allowed into the buildings to train or get the stuff from their lockers. My bet is the they are discussing whether or not the players will be allowed back into the buildings since the season will be canned and they will not longer technically be "locked out."

I think it's something along those lines.

Actually they will still be locked out. They can't be signed during the "off-season". The CBA doesnt stop after the season is done, then start when the season does. As long as there is no CBA, this is a lockout.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Scugs said:
Actually they will still be locked out. They can't be signed during the "off-season". The CBA doesnt stop after the season is done, then start when the season does. As long as there is no CBA, this is a lockout.

You're right, but I still think they are meeting because the union wants something if the season is cancelled.

And it will be cancelled.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
CalgaryThrasher said:
Diversion, nothing more.

Bob and Gary are working on a deal in N.Y. Daly and Saskin are in Washington to look at the cancellation options if need be.

Which is what I've been trying to say! :banghead:

NewBreed19

CalgaryThrasher said:
Diversion, nothing more.

Bob and Gary are working on a deal in N.Y. Daly and Saskin are in Washington to look at the cancellation options if need be.
You seem confident? Where is your special sources. :lol:

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
CalgaryThrasher said:
Diversion, nothing more.

That sounds about right to me.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Man Eklund's chatroom is funny. There are people there who refuse to beleive this was actually said on the fan and they say "I won't beleive it until Eklund confirms it."

:joker: :shakehead

two out of three*

NewBreed19 said:
I heard it on the fan 590 on satellite radio, so believe what you want. :shakehead

I didn't mean it as "BS."

I meant so they don't come back, and have a bunch of posts about pizza.

Phaneuf*

Can someone PM me with Eklunds chat room I lost in when I reformated.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Yes , someone PM me the chat room , I wanna hear what the all mighty Eklund has to say.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
No you got banned because you wouldn't shut up....you kept repeating everything and it was spamming the chat.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Its funny that all those people in the chat are asking Eklund "WILL IT GET DONE?!?!"

Like Eklund has any ties whatsoever.... Some people are very blind.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
CalgaryThrasher said:

If they were meeting why would Shanny be on TV saying the players would never accept a cap? It doesn't make sense to be posturing if they are in a meeting already.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
waffledave said:
Man Eklund's chatroom is funny. There are people there who refuse to beleive this was actually said on the fan and they say "I won't beleive it until Eklund confirms it."

:joker: :shakehead

you know what's really funny? you, for always talking about it, but in the same breath saying he doesn't have a clue.

for someone who supposedly doesn't have a clue, you certainly talk about him an awful lot.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
deathbear said:
you know what's really funny? you, for always talking about it, but in the same breath saying he doesn't have a clue.

for someone who supposedly doesn't have a clue, you certainly talk about him an awful lot.

It's because I'm in love with him.

And I don't know of any other hockey chat rooms. For the most part, people there are pretty smart and know he's full of crap, but you always come accross the idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad