Online Series: The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix Limited Series)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1698302586059.png

Directed primarily by Mike Flanagan The Fall of the House of Usher is a modern twist on the classic short horror stories of Edgar Allen Poe. It was just released October 12, 2023.

The series combines multiple Poe stories into a cohesive overall storyline while each episode loosely interprets the various short stories they’re named after.

This show is brilliantly written, directed, and acted. It’s incredible how they can blend the stories together while each episode has its own distinct flavor. The acting is phenomenal, particularly from Bruce Greenwood as billionaire mogul Roderick Usher and Mark Hamill as his personal attorney Arthur Pym. Pretty much every character in the series struck me as very well played.

I cannot recommend this series enough. It’s got the perfect amount of drama, wit, horror, humor, and existentialism. It’s a great balance of each aspect, in my opinion. Perfect timing to release something like this right before Halloween.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
It stars several actors that Flanegan usually works with (Kate Siegel, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, etc.), so I'll definitely watch this at some point.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I absolutely loved it.

When I look at Mike Flanagan’s work over the last few years it has been brilliant.

Haunting of Hill House
Haunting it Bly Manor
Midnight Mass
Midnight Club
Fall of the House of Usher

Haunting of Hill house is my favourite horror series that I can remember. House of Usher is a close second.

For the horror genre I am loving the one season series. It doesn’t drag on and on.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad