Online Series: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - March 19th, 2021 on Disney+

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I mean, Bucky literally told Sam to go meet with old Steve at the end of Endgame at his own expense.

I think that was the tacit approval that he is the heir to the title.

My understanding is that US Agent may be Captain America at some point during this mini-series, which could spin into some kind of "white upstanding choice of the establishment" over the "rebellious former criminal (when he went rogue with Steve) black anti-hero".

usagent2020001_cov.jpg

Not saying it will or won’t happen, saying that it would be an interesting narrative. Aside from that I’m not seeing anything from the promo’s/trailers to get me excited about the show so far.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not saying it will or won’t happen, saying that it would be an interesting narrative. Aside from that I’m not seeing anything from the promo’s/trailers to get me excited about the show so far.

Well, I do like Daniel Bruhl as Zemo, who is one of the most underrated villains in the MCU.

Came the closest to destroying the Avengers aside from Thanos and he was just a regular human being.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Well, I do like Daniel Bruhl as Zemo, who is one of the most underrated villains in the MCU.

Came the closest to destroying the Avengers aside from Thanos and he was just a regular human being.

Yeah I liked him a lot in Civil War. Hopefully he’s a big part of the show

Reactions: NyQuil

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Are they releasing the first two episodes on the same night like they did with WandaVision?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like a swing and a miss to me. Think things would be pretty compelling if there's a struggle between Bucky and Sam over who is going to replace Cap. A fight over the shield, sort of thing. Where it's kind of unspoken but there's a lot of tension buildup
I might be wrong but I think part of the subplot will be a fight for the mantle of Captain America, or more specifically the use of the iconic shield, between the two heroes we know and John Walker who will get it at some point from the US government.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Just finished the first episode. Really can’t see having even half the hype Wanda Vision had. I found it pretty boring until the final scene, but I also don’t really care for either of the main characters.

Reactions: Kupo

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think it's worth noting the first couple of episodes of WandaVision were pretty meh overall as well. I suspect that continues to be a trend with the Marvel series as it takes time to build up towards the major events in the series.

But I also kind of agree here that neither character is particularly interesting to me or I suspect to most people, not compared to Wanda or Vision anyways. And this story line doesn't appear to have any particularly interesting stylistic changes like we had in WandaVision. Seems like it's setting up to be a bit of a classic superhero storyline which combined with the characters involved has the potential to be a little boring and a let down after what we got with Wanda.

All that said, I'll certainly still be watching every episode. I just finished the first one, and I thought it was decent. Really dont care much for Falcon but I think The Winter Soldier could have a very intriguing arc in this show and if it goes the way I hope it does, I think he'll gain a lot of popularity in the MCU after this.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I liked it. Top notch actionwise. But man, Bucky... :( He's going to rise in popularity after this series.

Sidenote, Marvel should do a Disney+ series on what the world was like during the 5 years half the population was missing.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I agree with this.

I think they feel they don’t need to grab people’s attention instantly because they know they already have an audience who will give it time

They built such a strong brand with the MCU, they can afford to do that and set things up slowly.

A few things did peak my interest:

- The whole Juri/Bucky dynamic.
- GSP is back (and still can't act)
- Sam's family

Nothing exciting, but a few cool threads.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Even the first 10 minutes alone of this are fire. Marvel is on an unbelievable run the past few years. The worse thing they've done was Captain Marvel and even that was enjoyable at worse.

Makes me nervous for future shows, this streak has to end sometime right?

Reactions: dr robbie

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm surprised by all of the hate. Man, I thought it was great. I assumed it would be more action and less story, but I thought it delivered well on both ends. The Falcon action sequence at the beginning was easily on par with any other MCU action sequence and gave me vibes of Captain America: TWS. Also great to see the Winter Soldier flashback and how deadly his character is/was. Seeing how both of their stories have moved on since the blip was engaging and you can see how they are both struggling with the aftermath. Curious how their paths are going to cross as we move on.

I already hate US agent and he hasn't even said anything, which means they introduced him well lol.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The first episode has me intrigued. It didn't wow me, but neither did Wanda Vision and I really liked how that ended up. I think I'm most curious of how they're going to handle Bucky and his time as The Winter Soldier.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Holy shit

As a huge fan of Captain America The Winter Soldier, this 1st episode was AMAZING

This 1st episode is much better than the whole WandaVision series, it’s not even a contest

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Falcon has to be the most boring character in the MCU (aside from old thor).

Bucky/villains will need to carry that character through this show

Hopefully get some more Rhodey but I doubt it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad