The end of an era. (Hockey's Future Prospects Resource)

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Yeah I was an early reader of hockey's future before I finally joined hfboards during the lockout. Then finally posting during that finals run.

Sucks to hear.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It's what got me back into hockey. I stopped watching completely after the team got dismantled, and didn't follow hockey for years to the point where I didn't know who Stamkos was when I joined a keeper pool back in 2010. I mostly just read about prospects, and then lurked here for a few months, before joining

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Yeah I was an early reader of hockey's future before I finally joined hfboards during the lockout. Then finally posting during that finals run.

Sucks to hear.

same...came here because oilers board started getting too low in age. a bunch of posters hopped to this board at that time.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Been here for forever. Started on the Edmontonoilers.com boards (those were fun), started lurking here in 2001 ish and officially joined in 2003. Glad it's still around, and still spend entirely too much time here.

What was the other one, Oilfans?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Been here for forever. Started on the Edmontonoilers.com boards (those were fun), started lurking here in 2001 ish and officially joined in 2003. Glad it's still around, and still spend entirely too much time here.

What was the other one, Oilfans?

oilersfan is still there but it looks like it lost a few posters over the past few years

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
A little late to this party, but I think it is sad.(Yet unsurprising) I wrote for a couple years here, and because of the specific crowd, it would be tough to generate enough revenue to pay for quality writing.

HF/HFboards did spring some good people to do very good things including our own Guy Flaming and that guy from Calgary Aaron Vickers who started Future Considerations. Brock Otten has his own OHL prospects site.

Crave bought it for the boards though, and the HF site was the throw in. The boards will be fine though. Too many users for it to be shut.

RIP HF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad