The elephant in the room. Which goalie gets dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So this topic has been slightly discussed, but not outright to it's fullest. No way Murray keeps 3 netminders heading into next season so one of them is getting dealt. So which one is it?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Depends on the playoffs
Depends on how much someone is willing to overpay for Anderson
Depends on how much someone is willing to overpay for Lehner

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Depends on the playoffs
Depends on how much someone is willing to overpay for Anderson
Depends on how much someone is willing to overpay for Lehner

Of course much depends on what someone offers for any of the 3 goaltenders. But in the end who do you think Murray trades?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lehner because you're taking a big risk betting on him and Hammond
Anderson because of money

I'm going to bet on anderson even though i think its a mistake. More team will want Anderson then Lehner and Anderson's salary needs to be used on the RFAs.

Trading Lehner simply doesnt give the sens enough flexibility money wise. My bet is that Anderson and Cowen are package together. Edmonton is an obvious candidate.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
As much as I like Andy, it should be him.

We are taking a risk trading Lehner, as he may end up being a great young goalie. Andy is 34, and probably only has a few good years left.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Depends, if Hammond falls apart in the playoffs it will be difficult for the sens to bank on him next year despite the incredible run, especially if it comes at the expense of a vet like anderson.

I think the Sens would be insane to trade Lehner, so its going to come down to Hammond or Andy me thinks.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm not sure how we can assume that Hamburglar will stay here. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for him. Assuming he does reasonably well in the playoffs, he would be a fool not to try his luck in free agency. Then all bets are off as to where he'll sign.

If we can get him back, sure we could then trade Lehner, since Anderson provides a reliable option as opposed to going with two risky plays. Otherwise the most likely outcome is that we're back to the old Anderson/Lehner tandem.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
we've had this discussion in at least four different threads in the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad