The Edmonton Oilers: The definition of insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not to take away from the issue at hand.....but this is one of those myths that continues to make its way into our everyday life.

http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

In actuality this is the "legal" definition of insanity.

"Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior".

One final thing...."Get off my lawn you little ********"!!!

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Albert Einstein thinks the Oilers are insane. Here's proof:

http://alongtheboards.com/2014/12/edmonton-oilers-definition-insanity/

Not to take away from the issue at hand.....but this is one of those myths that continues to make its way into our everyday life.

http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

In actuality this is the "legal" definition of insanity.

"Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior".

One final thing...."Get off my lawn you little ********"!!!

Same here.

Not to take away from the issue but I'm just tired of people, including supposedly intelligent individuals, attributing the quote to Einstein.

As a matter of fact...

Fake Quotes Attributed to Einstein..

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.â€

There is no evidence Einstein ever said this. The likely origin of this quote is from the Basic Texts of Narcotics Anonymous, which is the first known source of this quote. The Basic Texts were first drafted to members in 1981 and published in 1983.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Dumb "quote". It's an example of an insane thing to do, not a definition.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I don't understand that quote, "Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
Isn't that the definition of Practice?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Same here.

Not to take away from the issue but I'm just tired of people, including supposedly intelligent individuals, attributing the quote to Einstein.

As a matter of fact...

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

There is no evidence Einstein ever said this. The likely origin of this quote is from the Basic Texts of Narcotics Anonymous, which is the first known source of this quote. The Basic Texts were first drafted to members in 1981 and published in 1983.
Seeing as how Einstein didn't say this proves Lowe and company must be doing a good job.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
tumblr_ldbqflgsdn1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
I'm glad many here beat me to it. It always bugged me if Einstein was so smart why he would give such a dumb line and then was relieved when I found he never said it.

It gets quoted A LOT but give it any thought and you realize this isn't even close to A definition of insanity, let alone THE one.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Same here.

As a matter of fact...

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.â€

Not true at all Mr. Historian.

.... The year was 1856. The first Bush was president and the Beetles just released their single "Mr. postman". Albert Einstein stood in front of a group of his fellow biologists and said that quote, in reference to the scientific community's lack of ability to discover perpetual energy.

I think SOME people need to check their facts more!

PeterTZ

Fr Crosby's hm town
Dec 10, 2014
Edmonton
MarkGio? You jest!
Bush Sr. President from 1989 to 1993
Beatles version of Please Mr. Postman released in 1963
Einstein, who was a physicist, " stood in front of a group of his fellow biologists"
The first notation of this rather anoying quote shows up in Narcotics Anonymous “Basic Text,â€

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
MarkGio? You jest!
Bush Sr. President from 1989 to 1993
Beatles version of Please Mr. Postman released in 1963
Einstein, who was a physicist, " stood in front of a group of his fellow biologists"
The first notation of this rather anoying quote shows up in Narcotics Anonymous “Basic Text,â€

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

On the thread topic, people don't appear to be discussing the article and there are enough threads for everyone to talk about the crap management of the team. Closing this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad