Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

By LA, huh?

Anyways, I'm confident in Clark will make the right calls here and have his goalies prepared. I want to see Silovs get some looks, honestly.

I would wait it out until Dallas. Then give Demith the afternoon against Anaheim, then Demko back against Vegas. Gives him 4 games of rest between games.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
It might quietly be boon that the the Canucks are motivated to keep their defensive game honed down the stretch, at home, with lots of practice... good stretch to make it easier on their goalies. They haven't allowed more than 25 shots against since they played the Penguins.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Vancouver is incredibly fortunate that the annual Demko injury occurred during a stretch with plenty of rest days between games. Only one back-to-back on April 2nd/3rd. And Demko should be back by then.

I would imagine DeSmith starts them all. But if Silovs is given a start, those games against eastern teams (Capitals 3/16, Sabres 3/19, or Habs 3/21) seem like the obvious place to get him in some action.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
This Demko injury is almost "Mark Stone-esque" given the perfect timing. Up 4-0 in the last game before the lightest part of the schedule. Screams load management to me. Good on them if it's even partly true.

Best case scenario is that Silovs/DeSmith split the next 5 or 6 games and Silovs shows he's the front runner for the back-up role next season.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Is there a way to anti-sticky this thread, so it always appears at the bottom of the stickied threads?

Every time I see it bumped to the top, my heart stops as I imagine yet another Canuck has died at the hands of medical staff.

No offence to Eddie. We miss you, and always will.

• Love
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Is there a way to anti-sticky this thread, so it always appears at the bottom of the stickied threads?

Every time I see it bumped to the top, my heart stops as I imagine yet another Canuck has died at the hands of medical staff.

No offence to Eddie. We miss you, and always will.
To add to this, change the colour of the post game thread tag so its not the same as the confirmed with link tag.

How many times I think there is a trade because I see bright green at the top of the sticky threads.

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
To add to this, change the colour of the post game thread tag so its not the same as the confirmed with link tag.

How many times I think there is a trade because I see bright green at the top of the sticky threads.
You should become colour blind like me, then you won't have that problem.

Reactions: andora

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This Demko injury is almost "Mark Stone-esque" given the perfect timing. Up 4-0 in the last game before the lightest part of the schedule. Screams load management to me. Good on them if it's even partly true.

Best case scenario is that Silovs/DeSmith split the next 5 or 6 games and Silovs shows he's the front runner for the back-up role next season.
Demko's injury might or might not be 'perfect timing' but it's far removed from the Mark Stone-Tomas Hertl machinations in Vegas.

If Demko had gone down with injury BEFORE the TDL, they could have stashed him on LTIR for the rest of the season. Then with the $5m saving on his contract, gone out and addressed one or two big holes in their lineup. Who knows? Maybe they'd have had enough room for Guentzel or Tofoli.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Demko's injury might or might not be 'perfect timing' but it's far removed from the Mark Stone-Tomas Hertl machinations in Vegas.

If Demko had gone down with injury BEFORE the TDL, they could have stashed him on LTIR for the rest of the season. Then with the $5m saving on his contract, gone out and addressed one or two big holes in their lineup. Who knows? Maybe they'd have had enough room for Guentzel or Tofoli.
Sure. I was thinking more about load management without needing to explain why he’s not playing.

Reactions: andora

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lose lose for Lindholm

Play through it and further risk his next contract with subpar performance or risk of increased damage

or…

sit out and everyone’s last memory of you going into fa is this awful stretch in VAN

think he’s best sitting out if this is serious given what’s at stake

but from a player perspective, maybe he values going for it more than anything else. who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad