The Eddie Shore Award: Who would win it?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It'll never happen of course, but I would love it if the NHL added a new award for the most violent, badass, over the edge player in the league - the Eddie Shore Award for the most prominent display of old time hockey. If it existed this year, who would win it?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It'll never happen of course, but I would love it if the NHL added a new award for the most violent, badass, over the edge player in the league - the Eddie Shore Award for the most prominent display of old time hockey. If it existed this year, who would win it?

If a player in the NHL wants to win the Eddie Shore just get demoted to the AHL and be the best defender in that league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's tough to say because I can't think of anyone whose really done all of that lately. Maybe Dubi? We're in an era where the edgy guys won't oblige to a fight, and the guys that will fight aren't cheap shot artists.

If you ask Leaf and Oiler fans it wold be Tkachuk in a walk :laugh:

Nah, needs to be someone whose gloves aren't glued on after doing questionable ****.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nah, needs to be someone whose gloves aren't glued on after doing questionable ****.
How would you know if his gloves are glued on? The Kings just clotheslined him and did nothing else the rest of the game. When he was challenged after hitting Saad earlier in the year he had no issue dropping the gloves. Maybe the problem was your Kings and not Tkachuk

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How would you know if his gloves are glued on? The Kings just clotheslined him and did nothing else the rest of the game. When he was challenged after hitting Saad earlier in the year he had no issue dropping the gloves. Maybe the problem was your Kings and not Tkachuk

He's got 98 penalty minutes and a number of cheap shots to his name but only 2 fights, one vs. Cramarossa and one vs. Wennberg. It's not rocket science. The guys leading him in PIMs have an average of 9 and a half fights each.

Eddie Shore had five fighting majors in one game.

Get this ****ing coward Tkachuk out of the Eddie Shore thread.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Eddie Shore was probably the meanest hockey player of all time. As a coach he terrorized his players. Completely ruthless and also the best player in the game.

I can't think of anyone who has been that in the NHL in even a handful of games in at least a decade

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's got 98 penalty minutes and a number of cheap shots to his name but only 2 fights, one vs. Cramarossa and one vs. Wennberg. It's not rocket science. The guys leading him in PIMs have an average of 9 and a half fights each.

Eddie Shore had five fighting majors in one game.

Get this ****ing coward Tkachuk out of the Eddie Shore thread.
Your ass seems really chapped, might I recommend those Charmin wipes? They will moisturize a bit, might help with the irritability. Can't call a guy a coward when your team has no heart to challenge him.

And who gives a **** if Shore had 5 fights in a game? By that standard no one in the NHL is a decent candidate.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Your ass seems really chapped, might I recommend those Charmin wipes? They will moisturize a bit, might help with the irritability. Can't call a guy a coward when your team has no heart to challenge him.

And who gives a **** if Shore had 5 fights in a game? By that standard no one in the NHL is a decent candidate.

If we're going for "The Eddie Shore Award," getting a buttload of penalty minutes and cheapshots but having only two fights seems like a pretty good DQ. You were the one touting him.

Sounds like you're out of Charmin wipes or I'd borrow some!

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I honestly don't know who would win this. Maybe Lucic? Someone who's capable of throwing out big and questionable hits who can also back himself up while being good at hockey. I think Tkachuk also has a legit argument here.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Kassian is pretty crazy, and willing to fight anyone. Just my homer vote. Lucic is also a tough customer, as well as Maroon and Nurse... Geez, our team is pretty tough now. Well done, Chia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad