The EA Goalie conspiracy

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Fellow goalies of EA's NHL franchise: Why must we suffer so much?

In my 10 years playing these games, I am yet to accomplish a season with a save percentage over .920.
I'm not the greatest goalie by any means but for God's sake, it might be impossible on this video game.

Even after searching youtube endlessly, I can't find a single BAP NHL goalie series where a player has finished a season with an acceptable sv% for a starting goalie (no slight to any youtubers, trust me I know how tough it is)

The game is obviously centered around offense more than anything, but it really shouldn't be this difficult to put up Hasek numbers when you can score 1000 goals or put up 100 goals in a season.

Is goaltending just a lost cause or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Goalie play needs to be revamped. They should bring something in similar to NHL 2K6s crease control spotlight.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
The problem I always run into is the CPU will only shoot when they think/know they'll score. So if I'm playing a good positional game, I'll only maybe see 10 shots and give up 2 or 3 goals. It's an issue, and an annoying one at that

Reactions: behemolari

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
this even has to do with simulation in franchise mode. i've done my fair share of franchises and simulated maybe 50 or so seasons and some playoffs. the highest sv% i have ever seen from one of my goalies, was .908, that was connor hellebuyck. the 2nd or 3rd best goalie in the game that was his best season by far. if he had a regular season of over .900 i considered that damn good

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Goalie settings for both teams at 95 across the board fixed it for me. Rarely did I see sub-910 performances with NYR on NHL 21. Also: play realistically. Block the shots. Cover the passing lanes. Don’t go for the big hit if it exposes you. The goalie will then bail you out.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Goalie settings for both teams at 95 across the board fixed it for me. Rarely did I see sub-910 performances with NYR on NHL 21. Also: play realistically. Block the shots. Cover the passing lanes. Don’t go for the big hit if it exposes you. The goalie will then bail you out.
So I tried this on NHL 22 and it absolutely worked. Career SV% of .924 in 1000+ games and a couple of Ted Lindsays. Finally, no more suffering :bow:

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
I’ve had be a pro seasons on all star above 90sv%, I believe in 18 and 19 but it’s gotten so bad since then, I can’t break 85%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad