The Duncan Keith emo thread

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
i'd give him up for a bag of pucks, but that's not the point. I want you to overpay for him (based on your Brian Leetch comparison), so that a year from now i can say that Tallon fleeced the Rangers, just as he did Philly for Calder/Handzus, and SJ/Ottawa for Bell/Havlat. Because honestly, what Blackhawks fan ever would have thought that by getting rid of Calder and Bell, that we'd end up with Havlat and Handzus?

Handzus >>> Calder
Havlat >>>>>>>>> Bell
A skilled Ranger to be traded >>>>>> Keith

The fact that you offered up garbage for Keith proves that you don't think that much of Keith after all.

Go Right ahead and look for the Fleece. But if your looking for a Tyutin or hell a Staal, it def doesnt happen. Maybe im the only one that sees a little Brian Leetch in him. Never said that he'll be like Leetch, just thought the way he skates and so on Compares to that of Leetchies.

Go Ahead have any of our D-men from the Rangers besides Staal and Tyutin. Because i would gladly take your scapegoat off of your hands. But if your going to Put the kid in the Doghouse, then what do you expect for an offer? Hell want Dale Purinton?

Ya still never said who your "skilled" ranger player would be? Whats the asking price?

Last edited:

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Eddie O tears Keith another one on the first Ducks goal.

Blames him for playing as if they were on the PK.

willfenix

May 6, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
I have no attachment to Keith, I think that a guy like Kukkonen has just as much if not MORE than the potential this kid has to making an impact. I'm not exactly sure that the bone-headed mistakes will stop, and I think that the Hawks brass need not rely on the potential of this kid nearly as much. I still think that a huge part of this is that impatient Chicago fans want an immediate impact from some of these very young, very inexperienced players. This is not the Blackhawks year for the Cup. Remember that, but also remember that in a couple years, they are going to have an incredibly solid core of players with experience, and that my friends, is what leads to dynasties.

littleguybigstik

Feb 12, 2006
is it savard or is keith actually starting to play like he did last year? move the puck well and better zone coverage. Looks like he can still be that ppqb for chicago as aucoin was a bust signing.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
He could be a more mobile version of Gary Suter to Cam Barker's Al MacInnis someday.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
+3 against Nashville when the Hawks only scored 4 goals and the Preds scored 2 even strength.

Last edited:

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
There is absolutely no point in discussing Keith with someone with as deranged an outlook on him as you.

:dunce:

You can't even back up your ridiculous claim. Nice.

Don't worry, I didn't expect you to.

He had a chance early in the 2nd to score from the slot on the PP but he only gets off a weak wrist shot.

He also makes a cross ice pass in the defensive zone to nobody. He also turns over the puck when he makes a pass from behind the net directly to a BJ player.

Later, he coughs up the puck on the blueline which directly leads to the 4th goal. And on the 5th goal, he skates along almost the entire board in the defensive end with the BJ player just seconds before they score on Khabby.

New season, but the same boneheaded mistakes and judgment.

That wasn't too hard.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
You can't even back up your ridiculous claim. Nice.

Don't worry, I didn't expect you to.

Others should follow suit. You simply aren't worth the time. I'd most likely have to explain who Suter was. I'd probably have to explain who the FLAMES are.

:dunce:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Duncan Keith = +6, most ice time on the team (by a huge margin) since the coaching change. Hawks take 7 of 8 points in that time.

I'll trust Savard's judgement over "who_me".

Last edited:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Grats Duncan on his first three point night of his career. Also leading the team in blocked shots!

Again with the most ice time on the Hawks by a mile. The guy is basically doing what the Hawks expected Aucoin would have been doing when they signed him (minus his shot but better defensively), eating up big minutes.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Another excellent game from Duncan Keith. Assist on the winner and game's second star.

You know, not naming any names, but if someone, say, dumped unmercifully and illogically on Duncan Keith earlier (hypothetically of course), time is pretty much running out on being the big man and acknowledging that said person was, indeed, very very wrong.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
That was a great game for Seabrook but just for this thread, 8 blocked shots for Keith, along with (once again) the most icetime, a plus rating, and an assist.

xalcyx

#murderskate
Mar 8, 2006
Florida
If you look at the stats from the past month he is arguably a top defender in the entire NHL over that period. I agree he could probably play 60 minutes a night, he's gonna be real good :eek:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Necro thread! I think Keith moved within one step of putting any question of the greatness he was just starting to show when this thread was started permanently to rest.

All he needs now is a Cup... with a Conn Smythe win.

Congrats Keith! You had twice the energy of any other Team Canada defenseman out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad