Rumor: The dog days of august proposal and trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I don't know, watch a game maybe once in a while....he proves it himself.

and hearsay?
p

I do watch games, I warrant more than you do. And I think Sekera's decision-making is rather smart, though you state that it's slow and causes turnovers with nothing to substantiate the claim and you state it as fact. What is hearsay you ask? well it's someone claiming information that can't be substantiated! princess bride meme is fun when a word is overused I guess, but what's the use in using it incorrectly

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I do watch games, I warrant more than you do. And I think Sekera's decision-making is rather smart, though you state that it's slow and causes turnovers with nothing to substantiate the claim and you state it as fact. What is hearsay you ask? well it's someone claiming information that can't be substantiated! princess bride meme is fun when a word is overused I guess, but what's the use in using it incorrectly

:laugh: yet your argument is no different then mine, of "I watched him play"...but some how your opinion "warrants" more than mine does. awesome

and here's a simple definition of hearsay: something heard from another person, something that you have been told.

My opinion, as well as some other posters, is based on me watching him, which doesn't make it hearsay, as I witness what I mention..I didn't get the info second hand...

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

:laugh: yet your argument is no different then mine, of "I watched him play"...but some how your opinion "warrants" more than mine does. awesome

and here's a simple definition of hearsay: something heard from another person, something that you have been told.

My opinion, as well as some other posters, is based on me watching him, which doesn't make it hearsay, as I witness what I mention..I didn't get the info second hand...

I've stated before, Sekera's possession metrics are very strong. His impact on driving CF is that of an above average 1st pairing defenceman, so I wouldn't say he has a hard time transitioning the puck. Especially compared to a guy like Gryba who's been mentioned in the same ilk as a couple in here. He has a positive impact on expected goals for % relative to the team despite tough deployment with weak partners. If someone argued he isn't the best (still pretty decent) at shot suppression or box protection, then I'd concede that because it shows in his CA and HDSCA numbers.

if you're saying something is your opinion on a player, that's what everyone does whatever. if you're correcting someone or stating something as fact with zero substantiating, then it's just hearsay. that is an awful definition of hearsay

6God*

I think Klefbom is going to be a bigger PP presence than people realize.
If utilized properly he's due for a 40-50pt breakout season a la Edler in 09-10. His career has otherwise been identical to Edler's until that point (minus the injuries).

I'd say give him a solid puck-mover of a partner (Sekera, another RHD via trade), and some steady PP time (either unit should be good tbh) and you could see him flourish if healthy.

6God*

Klefbom was outright playing like a top pairing guy last season before he was injured. If he played like that consistently, he'd be a 7-8 AAV guy as a UFA mercenary. Probably the same for Larsson (but I haven't watched him very closely)

Shortly after the McDavid injury (and Drai being called up) we went on a run with Klefbom playing the best hockey of his career where we won something like 7 of 8 games and got ourselves in a playoff spot.

Klefbom got injured about then against Boston I believe and the season went to **** right after.

He's not a true "stud #1" a la Doughy etc, but he can play that #1 role decent enough to take a defense-by-committee blue-line a long way.

6God*

Man I can't believe I'm saying this but what about Ehrhoff? He actually looked really good at the World's and it would give Drai another German to relate to.

Not like he needs top minutes and could act as a mentor

Very limited production last year but that's considering he played secondary PP minutes (if not tertiary) on LAK and CHI.

Keith, Seabrook and Doughty/Muzzin/Martinez probably dominated the PPTOI.

I wouldn't mind him as a bottom pairing RD with 1st unit PP time.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I've stated before, Sekera's possession metrics are very strong. His impact on driving CF is that of an above average 1st pairing defenceman, so I wouldn't say he has a hard time transitioning the puck. Especially compared to a guy like Gryba who's been mentioned in the same ilk as a couple in here. He has a positive impact on expected goals for % relative to the team despite tough deployment with weak partners. If someone argued he isn't the best (still pretty decent) at shot suppression or box protection, then I'd concede that because it shows in his CA and HDSCA numbers.

if you're saying something is your opinion on a player, that's what everyone does whatever. if you're correcting someone or stating something as fact with zero substantiating, then it's just hearsay. that is an awful definition of hearsay

Against top competition, Here are Sekeras numbers,

TOI=404.5 Corsi+/60=52.5 Corsi-/60=60.1 CorsiD/60=-7.6 Goals+/60=1.63 Goals-/602.52 GoalsD/60=-0.89
Also finished the with a -15 GA, worst of his career.

IMO That's not #1 or, #2 quality....but as I've stated, looks a lot like a #3/4 Dman.

BTW -
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hearsay

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Against top competition, Here are Sekeras numbers,

TOI=404.5 Corsi+/60=52.5 Corsi-/60=60.1 CorsiD/60=-7.6 Goals+/60=1.63 Goals-/602.52 GoalsD/60=-0.89
Also finished the with a -15 GA, worst of his career.

IMO That's not #1 or, #2 quality....but as I've stated, looks a lot like a #3/4 Dman.

BTW -
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hearsay

The stats you are posting have very little ability to single out the individual's contribution vs the teams nor can they determine whether or not a player has the characteristics of a #1/2 defenseman.

For me Sekera's proper role is as a very good #3 defenseman. But if he is pressed he can play successfully in the top pairing provided he is not asked to carry the primary role.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Dallas is just going to try and score 4 goals a game this year or what?

Yak to the Canucks might make some sense now as the Canucks were apparently after Hudler.

What are they suppose to do, blowup a team that had success last year. Or continue building on what they have and when the move comes to round the team out then make it?

Don't see why Dallas should be trying to force something that isn't there. At least they continue to add legit NHLers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting question by McSuper on main boards which lead me to more questions.

In hindsight now that we gave up Hall, would people have rathered the homerun move actually been going after Hamilton and giving up Nurse?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

In hindsight now that we gave up Hall, would people have rathered the homerun move actually been going after Hamilton and giving up Nurse?
Like I said in the main boards, if it was Nurse for Hamilton straight up, it was worth considering. Hall+Hamilton+Lucic+Barzal+Carlo>Larsson+Nurse+Lucic+Reinhart, and we probably could've used Barzal as trade bait for a young defenceman. However Hamilton is defensively weak and got eaten alive when facing first and second lines last season and only started producing after he was returned to his sheltered even strength, power play QB role, essentially what we hoped Justin Schultz would become. You can't give up Nurse+16th overall for that kind of player and Sweeney was on a mission last year to spite Chiarelli due to whatever happened within the Bruins organization.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika · 17m17 minutes ago

Stars have agreed to terms on one-year deal with Jiri Hudler for $2 million. Still waiting on signed contract.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika · 17m17 minutes ago

Stars have agreed to terms on one-year deal with Jiri Hudler for $2 million. Still waiting on signed contract.

The Stars seem intent on forcing Nikushkin to sign in the KHL. They now have 8 top 6 forwards signed with Val being a rfa. There was a huge rift between Nikushkin and the coach last year over him being played on the 3rd line. It is going to be worse this year.

Nik is a huge RW who, IMO, could be a legit option for McDavids' line. The cost would be almost nothing, maybe one of our depth LH defencemen. I would gladly do Reinhart for him. It would mean the end to Yak as an Oiler but that decision may have already been made.

6God*

The Stars seem intent on forcing Nikushkin to sign in the KHL. They now have 8 top 6 forwards signed with Val being a rfa. There was a huge rift between Nikushkin and the coach last year over him being played on the 3rd line. It is going to be worse this year.

Nik is a huge RW who, IMO, could be a legit option for McDavids' line. The cost would be almost nothing, maybe one of our depth LH defencemen. I would gladly do Reinhart for him. It would mean the end to Yak as an Oiler but that decision may have already been made.

Yak for Nichushkin?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

No. Larsson>>>>Hamilton, and we needed reliable dman better than anyone we have. Hamilton is neither of those things. I wish we could have gotten Hamilton for the 2nd pairing though

6God*

No. Larsson>>>>Hamilton, and we needed reliable dman better than anyone we have. Hamilton is neither of those things. I wish we could have gotten Hamilton for the 2nd pairing though

Agreed. Would fill that 2RD spot extremely well alongside Klefa/Sekera

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Dallas has lots of RW but they are all basically on their last legs. Sharp, Hemsky and now Hudler. They'd be smart to keep Nikushkin.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Hearing murmurs (unofficial, so far as I can tell), of Horcoff considering a PTO w the #Oilers as well. I can see that, actually.

According to Kurt Leavins Twitter

Lowetide mentioned something this morning on Twitter. Thought it was just a random thought.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hearing murmurs (unofficial, so far as I can tell), of Horcoff considering a PTO w the #Oilers as well. I can see that, actually.

WHo the hell is Kurt Leavins?

Kurt Leavins ‏@KurtLeavins 10h10 hours ago Parkland County, Alberta
Eric Gryba has, in fact, been offered a PTO by the #Oilers. I'm not sure, however, if he has accepted yet. Likely hoping for a contract.

Guy only has 1200 followers

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
WHo the hell is Kurt Leavins?

Kurt Leavins ‏@KurtLeavins 10h10 hours ago Parkland County, Alberta
Eric Gryba has, in fact, been offered a PTO by the #Oilers. I'm not sure, however, if he has accepted yet. Likely hoping for a contract.

Guy only has 1200 followers

No idea who he is, but what he's saying about Horcoff and Gryba makes sense.

You know that the organization is still in love with Horcoff and would like to try and help him in any way possible. Really doubt he makes the team, but it doesn't hurt to have a veteran centre in camp.

As for Gryba, it makes sense that they'd want him in camp and it also makes sense that he's holding out for a contract somewhere.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No idea who he is, but what he's saying about Horcoff and Gryba makes sense.

You know that the organization is still in love with Horcoff and would like to try and help him in any way possible. Really doubt he makes the team, but it doesn't hurt to have a veteran centre in camp.

As for Gryba, it makes sense that they'd want him in camp and it also makes sense that he's holding out for a contract somewhere.

Katz might've been the guy that gave him the drugs that were suppose to be okay to use and is now making it up to him:sarcasm:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Horcoff? He got his standing O. That means he cannot come back, ever... right?!?!

I've heard he is good friends with Katz so I'm sure they'll find a place for him somewhere in the org. Problem is they are kind of running out of fancy sounding made up job titles.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

I don't hate this, not sure where he'd fit but depth ain't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad