Kings Video: THe Dewey Show (episodes 1 and 2) Animated Adventures w/Drew Doughty

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I found this at Puck Daddy, an article about the show and Q &A with the creators

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/

Below is the YouTube link to the first 2 Episodes of "the Dewey Show" an animation adventure with some live action starring Drew Doughty. Pretty funny stuff. Cameo's by several team members There will be future episodes

The Dewy Show” debuted this week on YouTube, created by filmmakers Chris Pavlica and Zach Baumgartner.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pyMeq_-zLo2EExawhZ_7g

Great stuff...must see viewing alert

The scene with Dustin Brown is esp funny.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Omg the Oscar Moller draft picture. :laugh:

The Quick part was great and so was Brown's.

Edit: Lmao I was watching it on my iphone so I thought it was Moller. lol lewis

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
^ KingsHockey24 just wept. Moller FTW.

NLHueln.gif

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I just subscribed to the Dewy Show YouTube channel.

At least I'll finally have something to watch, after YouTube started flagging various Abridged Series. Q_Q

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Is Dustin Penner really the Executive Producer?

Rumor has it the guys making the videos paid way to much to get him involved (thinking he'd executive produce 30 episodes) and he only really executive produced the final few episodes, but his contributions in those final episodes are paramount for the shows eventual success.

Ron*

An animated show about the Los Angeles Kings.

When you win two Cups in three seasons, I guess that's what happens.

Now I've seen everything.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
100% amazing. This only happens when the team is full of characters and has this much success. How do people have time for this?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
From the Puck Daddy interview ,

the creators noted they would like to incorporate opposing players in future eps, specifically

As for the characters we have in mind... some are Kings players but we have some opposing teams' players that we'd like to work into the show. Our sights are set on some annoying rival players i.e. Logan Couture. That guy was born with a face for radio. We'll use that to our advantage. And real-life Dewy is best buds with him so I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

ANd I'm sure Dustin Penner's time on the team and the fact he's friends with them will help with some storylines.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
So? Did you not notice the "someone in our room" thing with Martinez, or Quick talking like a sailor, I wonder where that came from? :sarcasm:

Pretty much everything is a reference to past events.

Yep, they even incorporated Brown's teeth (or lack thereof) and lisp. The only thing I didn't like about Quick's portrayal is he sounded a little too much like a So Cal surfer dude to me. I did like the Popeyes in the background. Details!

Ron*

Yep, they even incorporated Brown's teeth (or lack thereof) and lisp. The only thing I didn't like about Quick's portrayal is he sounded a little too much like a So Cal surfer dude to me. I did like the Popeyes in the background. Details!

They all do. All the characters sound the same, and they are not...none are So Cal surfer dudes, and so it ultimately turns what could have been a great animation show into just a mediocre/good one.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
And rock-paper-scissors taken from Lewie and Dewey's house tour, about 3:40 in.

ETA: if you're bored right now, you might take a look at a 2011 Undisputed: Dustin Brown. There's also a Matt Greene one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad