Post-Game Talk: The Devil's In the Details, Leafs Win 5-2

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Solid road win and an easy night for Woll.

Not sure why Keefe started messing around with the lines again in the 3rd period though.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Matthews, Bert and Domi looking great. Domi is a hell of a passer…….its like magic
;)
Domi is great at moving the puck up and setting up people for shots. I would say he is an elite passer. I think he would rather get assists than goals. On past teams he has been buried with 3rd or 4th liners who can't finish (partially due to his own fault of stupid penalties and partially lack of good coaching). Great complimentary player to some one who has a great shot.

Reactions: Racer88

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Not sure why Keefe started messing around with the lines again in the 3rd period though.
Looked like it was to get Nylandet up with Marner and Tavares so one of his passes might actually be converted.

Didn't work. Both Tavares and Benoit failed. Lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Domi is great at moving the puck up and setting up people for shots. I would say he is an elite passer. I think he would rather get assists than goals. On past teams he has been buried with 3rd or 4th liners who can't finish (partially due to his own fault of stupid penalties and partially lack of good coaching). Great complimentary player to some one who has a great shot.

Huge development for us. We are better off in the playoffs with Matthews and Marner on separate lines. Our depth is the best its been with this core.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not hating someone =/= cultist

Might need to brush up here.
I didn't suggest anyone was a cultist. Quite the contrary, I pointed out that a lot of the thread is just supporting his moves.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Willy's line scored, so he had to break them up and put him back with JT so Willy wouldn't get to 100? :sarcasm:

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I didn't suggest anyone was a cultist. Quite the contrary, I pointed out that a lot of the thread is just supporting his moves.

He likes to call out people for one small detail in their posting , don't take it personally. Not everyone can be 100% factually correct about hockey all the time (except Zeke).

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He likes to call out people for one small detail in their posting , don't take it personally. Not everyone can be 100% factually correct about hockey all the time (except Zeke).
Sometimes posters misinterpret what others say - I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and just clarify.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
The thing with Robertson is he does his current role perfect, but that current role does include not playing at times.

He's a spot start scorer and that's exactly what he lives up to. Scores every time you put him back in.

He still has a lot to clean up to become a regular. Smart, systematic play where you grind teams down with your cycle, defence and efficient passing is integral to winning cups. He still can't do this at an above average pace.

As a spot start goal scorer he is clearly elite.

With that said, his ceiling is very high if he can improve all-around.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Did o'l Zeke get banned? Asking for a Freddy...
I believe he tipped his cap and moved on to greener pastures. I could be wrong maybe he is banned.

One of the last posts I recall of his was the frustration of responding to his detractors. Hope he's doing well and the statistical analysis hasn't driven him insane.

Reactions: al secord

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I personally think that Marner should be on 3rd line with Holmberg and Robertson. Put Nylander with Tavares. Put Jarnkrok on the 4th with Kampf and Dewar or Reaves. Marner could feed Robertson all day while being defensively responsible with Holmberg.
So Knies is a healthy scratch?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Lot of (good) posters have peaced out over the past few years. Gonna assume the (at times) unhinged, way over the top negativity surrounding a top 4-8 team is the cause. Too bad. C19 has changed the way people interact online and in real life......respect is gone, balanced takes are unwelcome, have to choose a side in this 'war', whatever the subject is. Division is the main artifact left over.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Lot of (good) posters have peaced out over the past few years. Gonna assume the (at times) unhinged, way over the top negativity surrounding a top 4-8 team is the cause. Too bad. C19 has changed the way people interact online and in real life......respect is gone, balanced takes are unwelcome, have to choose a side in this 'war', whatever the subject is. Division is the main artifact left over.
Pretty much. There is no room left for discussion. Just pick a side and never give in on any point.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I believe he tipped his cap and moved on to greener pastures. I could be wrong maybe he is banned.

One of the last posts I recall of his was the frustration of responding to his detractors. Hope he's doing well and the statistical analysis hasn't driven him insane.
maybe he follows the Penguins now?

we're definitely seeing a resurgence of tribalism of late, some believe it's all part of the plan..........

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
maybe he follows the Penguins now?

we're definitely seeing a resurgence of tribalism of late, some believe it's all part of the plan..........
Great word to describe it, that was the word I was trying to think of.

And exactly.....

I hope Seńor Martinez is OK. Hopefully he didn't stay hard for too long.

Always read the label, guys.
Leave it to al secord to bring the heat and cut to the chase. LOL

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad