HF Habs: The Development Thread

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
e1e.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Needs more ‘grind
It took us a while to get there, but it does look like the organization is firmly in the 21st century now. Weirdly enough, it's the local hockey media that seem pretty out of date now most of the time.
RDS has a staff that need to be put out to pasture. It’s like when CBC/Sportsnet cleaved itself of Healy and Stock. Sometimes you have to prune the tree for it to thrive.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Needs more ‘grind

RDS has a staff that need to be put out to pasture. It’s like when CBC/Sportsnet cleaved itself of Healy and Stock. Sometimes you have to prune the tree for it to thrive.
There's a lot of media guys that are awful and stuck in old ways like Gaston Therrien, Normand Flynn, but RDS has one of the best analyst in all hockey broadcasting (french and english), Marc Denis. Him and Dubé from 98.5 are extremely knowledgeable and can actually formulate their thoughts in clear, concise language.

The old guard will eventually retire and will be replaced by younger, sharper minds.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It took us a while to get there, but it does look like the organization is firmly in the 21st century now. Weirdly enough, it's the local hockey media that seem pretty out of date now most of the time.

Well, our medias has been stock in the 80's-90's for too long.
Not much development in this business and the one they keep bringing in have no experience and are trained by the dinosaurs getting fatter there for the last 15-20 years.

I mean,....L'écho-chambre, it's fun to talk about games but the guys there never step foot in a locker room while Twitter existed.....Things have changed and their opinion are now outdated a little!

Most of them can't keep up with what going on right now.....They can't even begin to understand the concept of MSL.

Reactions: calder candidate

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He said Sup Dawg to Slafkovsky :laugh:

This skill coach is awesome, it’s really refreshing to see. I say dress him in the line-up and have him live coach the kids during games while playing. :laugh:

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Cool video. I was wondering who #61 was that Nicholas was really praising during one of the skating drills and told him to go to the red line and show the boys. I had to go look up the rookie camp roster to see who #61 was and it was Nurmi but you guys likely already knew that. :)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

As an outsider, most of the Habs local hockey media (with a few exceptions) has always felt incredibly out of date. Which is annoying, because there were/are so many forward thinking people from the area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad