The Detroit Red Wings are winning the Cup this year.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'm not drunk or high or whatever. In fact, I'm currently at Taco Bell scarfing down an excellent chicken quesadilla.

I just have a feeling and wanted to share it with all of you. I have a good feeling about this team this year. ****ing pumped hockey is coming back. Let's roll, boyssss

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I'm not drunk or high or whatever. In fact, I'm currently at Taco Bell scarfing down an excellent chicken quesadilla.

I just have a feeling and wanted to share it with all of you. I have a good feeling about this team this year. ****ing pumped hockey is coming back. Let's roll, boyssss

:laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Not sure this really helps enforce the idea that you're not the first sentence.:laugh:

But I like the good feeling, I certainly hope it is true and I think we are very close. As always we need the right breaks and to be healthy for a deep run.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

One of the bolded is a lie :laugh:

I hope you're right, I know this team isn't a contender on paper but as cliche as it sounds anything can happen in the playoffs. If they're fully healthy and the right guys go on hot streaks at the right time I could definitely see them doing some damage in the postseason.

Regardless of what happens, hockey is almost back! LGRW :yo:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
A worse team took the eventual Cup champs to 7 games a couple years ago. They took the runner up to 7 games last year; I can't disregard any championship notions. I am slightly buzzed while writing this, though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I feel better about it this season over the last couple that's for sure. Green + the kids' performances last year give me a bit of hope.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Their chances are the best they've had in several seasons, assuming we have a healthy roster, but there are a few teams with better chances and several others with similar chances.

Actual Thought*

I am more pessimistic for reasons that cannot be mentioned here.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
The deadline rental of Olli Jokinen will secure that wildcard spot put them over the top. :sarcasm:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What's Taco Bell look like sober? :laugh:

Right?! I can't be the only one that exclusively eats it after the bars close. And in those moments, it's a donkey ride to heaven.

Anyway, yeah! The Wings aren't a bad team. Like, at all. They are in good shape. They lack consistently elite talent at center and defense, but when you put together the healthy roster, it's the kind of team that others HATE seeing in the playoffs. The Wings are that team. The team you really don't want in round 1 of the playoffs.

The problem is the Wings need a few key things to go their way in order for them to be considered a contender. And before somebody says, "Well every champion needs luck" I'll go ahead and rebuttal now - some teams more than others. The Hawks didn't need as much luck as the Wings will need.

Health is a huge one. Unlike some of the other contending teams, the Wings rely on two veterans with stacking injury concerns. Datsyuk and Zetterberg. When they feel good, I love them pound for pound with almost anybody. But the days when we see the both of them 100% in the playoffs seem like a distant memory.

The second big question mark is going to be goaltending. Can Petr Mrazek step up and be the man? We'll see. He pushed Tampa pretty hard. And encouraging start. Or will Howard rebound? Maybe.

The final big question is will Mike Green thrive in Detroit. If Green becomes the premier offensive defender we saw in past years, the Wings have added a weapon of considerable significance. The Wings blueline inability to move the puck and generate offense has been holding them back for years, and if Green can help alleviate that issue, this team is poised to break through in those close games.

Oh, and Nyquist and Tatar need to stack up against top lines and score, too.

This doesn't feel like the year to me. But when the playoffs come, will I count them out? Hell no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad