Confirmed with Link: The demote DSP thread (DSP sent to Norfolk)

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Good deal.

Now go with this lineup and we'll be set.

Etem-Getz-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selanne
Cogs-Koivu-Pooh
Belesky-Boner-Rakell

And I think we'll be set. Also, for the love of god keep Belesky off the PP.

I'd also call up PL3 in place of Staubitz...Staubitz might be a better skater, but let's be honest, they're both terrible and at least PL3 can wreck in a fight.

Pooh = Winnik?

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Id call up Bodie or Rosehill tbh.

Either can sit in the press box no problem without hurting their development, they could split time with Staubitz and both could hold their own on the fourth line and they would both bring some physicality. Plus they should both be hungry as **** to get another chance in the the show.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think we should call up Maroon. He could work well with Bonino who likes to pass the puck. Maroon could hopefully provide us some scoring from the 4th line.

Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon isn't a bad line

Edit: Staubitz and Maroon could split the time. Staubitz plays against the Kings, Sharks, and other rivals/big teams, and Maroon plays against the easier matchups

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think we should call up Maroon. He could work well with Bonino who likes to pass the puck. Maroon could hopefully provide us some scoring from the 4th line.

Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon isn't a bad line

Edit: Staubitz and Maroon could split the time. Staubitz plays against the Kings, Sharks, and other rivals/big teams, and Maroon plays against the easier matchups

I haven't seen Maroon play in almost a year. Unless he has made tremendous progress, I don't like it. I believe Exit Dose watched Norfolk pretty closely this season and he should be able to shed light either way on the subject.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He's better, but his speed is still an issue. I like him a lot, but I'm guessing Boudreau saw something in camp that he didn't care for. I wouldn't expect much offense out of him if he did come up.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Not sure why the person we'd call up is Bodie or Rosehill. Staubitz was fine, yesterday.

Unless we want to keep Rakell for the season, which I dont think is too likely at this point, are you comfortable going with 12 forwards? Bodie or Rosehill is a perfect press box/rotate in for Staubitz every few games candidate.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
There's not much point in rotating Staubitz out for essentially the same player. If you're putting someone in his place for a game, it's going to be someone that adds something different.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
There's not much point in rotating Staubitz out for essentially the same player. If you're putting someone in his place for a game, it's going to be someone that adds something different.

Valid point. They can sit in the press box every game I dont really care, I just dont want DSP/Rakell/Holland sitting there, its only hurting their development IMO.

Theres always Big Sexy for a change of pace :sarcasm:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Agreed. Which is why I think they should consider calling Maroon up to help provide depth scoring.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What if Devo getting sent down was to make room for Lindholm? Why else would we have info of Devo getting sent down without anyone else coming back up?

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Agreed. Which is why I think they should consider calling Maroon up to help provide depth scoring.

I agree with you, he would be the only offensive player to call up now. He does not want to be in the AHL and would be a perfect 4th line player. With Bonino now on the 4th line, he needs someone that can score with him or it would be a waste.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
What if Devo getting sent down was to make room for Lindholm? Why else would we have info of Devo getting sent down without anyone else coming back up?

I think in the short term this is accurate. If Lindholm can play you should see him in a game coming up.

Longer term I could see Hendry or Guenin coming up as a 7th D.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Hopefully he watched how Staubitz played and gets it in his skull that he was drafted because of physical play. He has talent and hopefully replace Cogs with some developement
This. DSP isn't going to be a NHLer just with his own talents if he doesn't start playing like he should with that frame. He needs to start hitting, be physical and drive to the net.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I didn't like him last year, and I've like him even less this year, but that could just be because we are winning as of now and he clearly is our weakest forward. Kid seems to play with no heart, as if he is entitled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad