Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs Metro Division runner ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
I'm getting visions of Jamie Benn with the 5 point night in the last game of the season to steal the Art Ross.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Why recall Walker to sit him and waste one of the 4 recalls we have? There’s already multiple forwards available. Makes zero sense with Hershey still having to clinch a playoff spot

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC

Why recall Walker to sit him and waste one of the 4 recalls we have? There’s already multiple forwards available. Makes zero sense with Hershey still having to clinch a playoff spot

Unless they want Walker to start practicing with the team because they intend to keep him for the playoff run as an extra.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

They needed him for something. They didn't announce what they was, but I am confident that they didn't do it on a wimp and for no reason. It makes perfect sense that the Caps planned on calling him up for the playoffs along with DSP. They were on the team last season. He's not going back.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They were on the team last season. He's not going back.
Do they really need four extra forwards when Hershey is still playing, though? I don't think so. I can see it with DSP since he makes so much sense at 4RW but less so Walker. He's not playing over anyone but Jaskin I'd think. They likely recalled him just in case they wanted to sit another forward today but decided against it.

Kind of amazing that the Islanders are going to win the Jennings. (Queue ten goal game from the Caps.)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Do they really need four extra forwards when Hershey is still playing, though? I don't think so. I can see it with DSP since he makes so much sense at 4RW but less so Walker. He's not playing over anyone but Jaskin I'd think. They likely recalled him just in case they wanted to sit another forward today but decided against it.

Kind of amazing that the Islanders are going to win the Jennings. (Queue ten goal game from the Caps.)

We will see. If they send him back, you will be right

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Exactly this. Why have 4 extra forwards. If they really wanted to call someone up as an extra I would have suspected it would have been a D

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I’m baffled why it has taken Jaskin so long to get into the line-up. He is emphatically better than Stephenson at the moment. Chandler has lost his game that he had last post season IMO.

Reactions: crab

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
Let’s get Ovi a goal or two, stay healthy. Let the Isles get home ice for round one. Pen’s will probably smoke them like a cheap cigar anyway....

Jun 15, 2007
Who's gonna man the point on PP1?

Orlov? The handedness is an issue but he has by far the most offensive talent.

Jun 15, 2007
Orlov needs the reps. Niskanen and maybe Jensen will get some pp2 time. I doubt Ov gets a ppg in this game unless they use that adjustment where Oshie floats to the Ov office and Ov is down by the net
Well Oshie isn't even playing so...I guess no goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad