Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
nine-nine-terry-jeffords.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
False hope is always the deadliest tool.
That’s not false hope, that’s just years of experience. They play poorly for long stretches, then when you think they’ll get blown out against a good team, they somehow pull a rabbit out of nowhere.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This game I’m not wearing a new Oiler jersey with a theoretical lucky Iron Maiden T. This combo just isn’t working; 4-7 in live games seen. Got to break the cycle.

So…I’m wearing a new Iron Maiden lucky hockey jersey!!!

Can’t lose with that - book it!

Reactions: yukoner88

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Vegas has had a super easy schedule so far but in the 7 games they've played against teams that are currently in a playoff spot they are 6-1. Their season is pretty much riding on 2 unproven goalies right now.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Vegas has had a super easy schedule so far but in the 7 games they've played against teams that are currently in a playoff spot they are 6-1. Their season is pretty much riding on 2 unproven goalies right now.

Honestly I feel this is the way.

Vegas is on a mission after missing last year. Their attention to detail I imagine will be strong. Their puck pursuit etc. They're goalies are confident and doing their job because the team is how should I say. "on the ball"

They're focus'd.. they're bought in. They know their roles and they don't have anyone taking a game off giving up an shit turnover costing them the game.

That's the difference between them and Edmonton right now. Their give a shit o-meter is off the charts. Not in the try department. But in the "know your role and contribute in any way possible". Know what's happening on the ice... trust your teammates etc.

Edmonton cannot for the life of them consistently put together games where someone on the team isn't doing something stupid or making a mistake to cost them a goal or two a game. They take stupid penalties that the pk can't bail them out of. Connor McDavid that's you last game. 2 f***ing dumb penalties because he put himself before the team. Instead of revenging with clean hits. Immature team... immature game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vegas has been a good team every year they've been in the league except last year where they had a billion injuries.

Why people are that surprised they're good again now that they're healthy is beyond me.

Their management may make some overly aggressive moves at times, but the bottom line is they continually bring in a high volume of good players for their coaching staff to be able to work with. Their pro scouting is just really good, plain and simple.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Vegas has been a good team every year they've been in the league except last year where they had a billion injuries.

Why people are that surprised they're good again now that they're healthy is beyond me.
I think the hockey world took one gander at their goaltending situation and thought it would sink them.

...Yet their no-name tandem has been better than ours. Go figure.

1668793202331.png

Reactions: saucesaitl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the hockey world took one gander at their goaltending situation and thought it would sink them.

...Yet their no-name tandem has been better than ours. Go figure.

View attachment 609570

Even that ... like I'm not that shocked. Logan Thompson had pretty good numbers for a rookie last year (just like Skinner). Adin Hill maybe a bit more surprising, but wasn't he touted to be a high end goalie prospect too? They have a good D when healthy, that helps their goaltending a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad