The Darkest Days in the Business History of the NHL

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
so i came across this blog post from SBN while searching for some details regarding the sens bankruptcy, and after reading through it, i'm sort of amazed to just look back and see how far both the sabres and sens have come. It's not completely thorough (doesnt mention that covanta went bankrupt, or anything about the houston option), but a very rewarding read nonetheless.

http://sportsbiznews.blogspot.com/2007/05/first-bankruptcy-bowl-then-stanley-cup.html

In the space of a few days in early January 2003, first the Ottawa Senators and then the Buffalo Sabres declared bankruptcy, some of the darkest days in the business history of the National Hockey League.

maybe timely, because we're in the midst (or hopefully the end) of the 'next' darkest days of nhl business right now.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
maybe timely, because we're in the midst (or hopefully the end) of the 'next' darkest days of nhl business right now.

JMO, but I still see darker days ahead and another lockout before the players and the owners truely see themselves as partners, instead on enemies. Don't want to get into my reasons why, but that's my take on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad