The Craig Ramsay Effect

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think Eakins didn't work well with the assistants last year. He was one of those, "I'm the head coach!!' kind of guys. After a health dose of humble pie, he is now defering to the Jedi master.

I don't think you have any clue what you're talking about.

Smith and Bucky were hold overs from the previous regimes. What type of systems do they coach? What are they good at? What are they poor at? Does anyone know?

Craig Ramsay is a total Dallas Eakins hire. Eakins, is a professed Roger Neilson advocate and student. Guess who coached with Roger Neilson? Craig Ramsay. Also Dallas was coached by Craig Ramsay in Florida and knew him well before Ramsay came to Edmonton. Its not this "humble pie" crap - its a case of two coaches who know each other, coaches a similar philosphy and has a shared experienced and mentor.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/06/...-ramsay-takes-assistant-spot-to-dallas-eakins

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I don't think you have any clue what you're talking about.

Smith and Bucky were hold overs from the previous regimes. What type of systems do they coach? What are they good at? What are they poor at? Does anyone know?

Craig Ramsay is a total Dallas Eakins hire. Eakins, is a professed Roger Neilson advocate and student. Guess who coached with Roger Neilson? Craig Ramsay. Also Dallas was coached by Craig Ramsay in Florida and knew him well before Ramsay came to Edmonton. Its not this "humble pie" crap - its a case of two coaches who know each other, coaches a similar philosphy and has a shared experienced and mentor.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/06/...-ramsay-takes-assistant-spot-to-dallas-eakins

Mact said himself there total 'chaos' (his words) within the coaching staff last year. what does chaos infer?

Then after the 'debacle' (his words, again, though i chose humble pie) they hired a veteran coach to coach the head coach. figure it out.

pick whatever words you want... relationship, mentor... Ramsey is the brains of the operation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad