Pre-Game Talk: The Contender Visits The Pretender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I got my dates mixed up and thought they were in Boston. I had much more hope if they were on the road against the Bruins, maybe 50-50 chance at a win I thought.

At Roger Place…… f**k, it will be a miracle if we get a point.

Reactions: Duke74 and Faelko

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Holland has a plan....lol
To wait until the very last second....Only to trade for GhostBear and Jensen out of Washington
Jenson would be ok. No thanks to Ghost Bear though. We already have Bouchard and Barrie. Litteraly the last kind of player we need.

*Just found out Lafferty just went to Toronto. Bob Stauffer weeps.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
We play well against better teams.

We just dumb down our play to match the level of our competition.
We're the team that beat Tampa twice, then loses our 2 games to Columbus.

We beat Carolina, and lose to Montreal.

I think we can beat Boston, because they'll actually try.

I'm more worried about our games versus San Jose and Arizona where they'll maybe play 20 minutes, and coast for the rest of it.

Wrapping up the year with a series of games against the Ducks and the Sharks? ooof.. I'd be surprised if we win half of those.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Bold super hot take! I fully expect us to get our asses handed to us, so naturally it will be an Oilers win. Our team of rollercoaster riders will be so terrified of being embarrassed by the Bs that they will actually defend a little. Skinner, who can actually occasionally stop pucks, will get the 40 save W.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Hoping to watch this. Stomach flu making its way through the out household so I’m hoping I don’t get it tonight
That's unfortunate. Hope your folks get well soon and that you can stay healthy. Just remember that stress is bad for your immune system so you should probably not watch. lol!

Reactions: tardigrade81

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Toughest stretch of the season coming up over the next 10 games. Playoff spot is far from locked up. Let’s get the 10 games started with an unexpected win.

3-2 Oilers in a nail biter

McDavid 2 goals to get to 50

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Might sound weird but idgaf much about the games until they make a trade / TDL

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Hoping to watch this. Stomach flu making its way through the out household so I’m hoping I don’t get it tonight

Stop eating regular food for now, start sipping sports drinks or electrolyte drinks until you feel a bit better. Then, eat plain rice, dry toast, and bananas.

Reactions: tardigrade81

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
This is it boys and girls, the measuring stick game where you put a bit of passion in your McConnor bowl so we don't have to endure the countless tread about how the east is so much better... yerk yadayada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad