Movies: The Comeback Trail - Di Niro, Freeman, Lee Jones

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
?????????????? Were you sober and straight when you saw it? Pesci was the only good thing about it.

Bobby D must be despertate for money

Oh ya because I was the only one who liked it. It's 96% on rotten tomatoes, 94% on metacritic, 87% of Google users liked it and it's 7.9 on imdb. Such an unpopular movie. Stick to watching your superhero movies bud.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Oh ya because I was the only one who liked it. It's 96% on rotten tomatoes, 94% on metacritic, 87% of Google users liked it and it's 7.9 on imdb. Such an unpopular movie. Stick to watching your superhero movies bud.

I have never met anyone but you who said they liked it. Many critics and people just do not want to admit that that cast laid an egg

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I have never met anyone but you who said they liked it. Many critics and people just do not want to admit that that cast laid an egg
Well, I don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't like it. Most people including myself thought it was good or very good but not great.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Kind of ironic when you are defending an obnoxiously long movie about 3 CGI characters.

Reactions: Ceremony

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
It looks not bad.

However, it feels like there's a continuous pipeline of films that stars this cohort of actors in what's being sold as their last hurrah.

Good on the for finding meaningful work late in their careers, but I feel like I've seen every iteration of these guys, that it reduces the appeal.

Reactions: member 51464

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't think The Irishman was any good as it was boring, but I haven't watched any of the countless other movies he's been churning out for years now. That said this one looks like it might be funny, has a great cast at least.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I didn't think The Irishman was any good as it was boring, but I haven't watched any of the countless other movies he's been churning out for years now. That said this one looks like it might be funny, has a great cast at least.

I find his recent movies are hit or miss. Most are comedies and some are actually funny or have funny parts but others are kind of duds.

My personal favorite or his remains The Score with Ed Norton, Angela Basset and Marlon Brando's last movie. Being a Montrealer and someone that works for the CBSA, the movie taking place in Montreal and involves a heist in the real Customs House in Old Montreal is just icing on the cake!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad