Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I know he won't be considered because of the NHL experience box, but a part of me would be intrigued by David Carle. I guess we'll see if another team can get him to leave the college ranks.

I just have such low expectations that I could see Dean Evason getting the job. Just don't look at Minnesota's special teams numbers with him in charge...

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Now he has a little time to relax and reflect before tossing his hat back into the NHL coaching ring. At age 58, “Chief” makes it clear he wants to resume working, perhaps as early as next season, and believes he still has more to achieve.

“I’m going to wait for an NHL job and see what happens,” he said. “It doesn’t matter where. I’m sure I have a shot (for next season). It all boils down to talking to a team, talking to the GM, the ownership. If they believe in your message, if they like what you’re saying. In the interview process, if it’s a good fit for me and a good fit for them, probably something will get done.”

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It'll be Lindy.
1713305327859.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know he won't be considered because of the NHL experience box, but a part of me would be intrigued by David Carle. I guess we'll see if another team can get him to leave the college ranks.

If this was post-Krueger when they were hiring Don, sure. But right now? Nah.

I just have such low expectations that I could see Dean Evason getting the job. Just don't look at Minnesota's special teams numbers with him in charge...

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Kind of disappointing if its Ruff, he ia just a Buffalo retread, we've been bad for so long you associate the good times with Lindy. It's nothing more than a placebo effect.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Since this is my first chance to post today...first off - JFC finally this organization makes a proper move. Stunned they canned Granato before his extension kicked in, so that shows they might want to be serious again. The new HC will go a long way toward deciding how serious.

Like many others, I like RBM for how he has his team play with speed and tenacity all over the ice. This is how a young team like Buffalo can compete and steal wins with their young legs and hustle...allowing their offensive talent to show off TOs instead of being the team to look dumb and give it away all the time. So while RBM is probably a pipe dream, another HC with a similar style would be ideal, but also anyone that can bring structure and instruction, and make these guys technically better at both ends. They need to play cohesive defense and trust each other, so anyone that can do this, yes please.

Unfortunately it's still Adams making the moves and he can still insist on putting together the most talented and physically weak group of players possible, leave the C depth weak, trade away Joker for a pick and replace him with a prospect or #7 guy instead of a legit vet defensive rock...etc. But, the easiest and most expedient way to improve this team is with a competent coaching staff. I'm in the group that thinks the roster isn't great, but could easily be a playoff team that we wouldn't be crapping all over if somebody good was behind the bench.

Regardless of who ends up the new HC, a clear message has been sent that the slumber party is over and it's time for the kids to go do their homework and come back ready for class. Hopefully that makes a difference by itself. I still need to see more over the summer to get my hopes up though.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Kevin weeks just mentioned that Mike Sullivan could be the guy

Thinks that if the pens miss the playoffs both Sullivan and the pens might look for a fresh start

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It would be kinda funny if it's Ruff after the words Ruff said about Granato at RJ's memorial last summer

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Wouldn't be against a ruff hire, he is very much an NHL coach

I think I am more about who they hire as assistants after seemingly having assistants over their heads the last few seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad