Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So it's either Ruff

Or.. RBM ..

The way Kevyn was so direct in how he knew what he wanted and he wanted someone that pushed the players.

I know it's a pipe dream but when he was answering those questions it just sounded like he was talking about ugly
Felt just the opposite, I don't think there's any chance he waits around for Rod to figure out whats going on in CAR, potentially missing out on other options. I think he has his guy and its not RBM.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I like Berube and Ruff. I have read some things that have made me question Gallant, Quinnville just seems too messy and a distraction. Hard to like Budreau since he lost in the playoffs with really good teams.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Berube feels like a fit for all departments. Lindy does too, obviously. I’m an unabashed Boudreau fan but I don’t think it’s what they’re looking for. Which is fine. I think they’d obviously love a crack at Brind’Amour…but without some back room guarantees I don’t see them waiting to find out.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Berube feels like a fit for all departments. Lindy does too, obviously. I’m an unabashed Boudreau fan but I don’t think it’s what they’re looking for. Which is fine. I think they’d obviously love a crack at Brind’Amour…but without some back room guarantees I don’t see them waiting to find out.
They will move quickly, so that rules out any current NHL coach.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
What I like about Ruff is he can get the most out of defensemen. I think he is the guy to unlock Power and Byram and take Dahlin to another level. He definitely can get this team to the playoffs imo. The only box he doesn't check for me is he hasn't won a cup. I feel like unlocking this teams defense and having a pressure system is exactly what this team needs. This is a speed, skilled team that needs the defense to step up.

Lindy to me is that guy.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Goaltending was AWFUL. Worse than ours awful. And Hughes was injured most of the season

Hamilton only played 20 games too. Combine that with losing 2 experienced d-men last year, their defense was pretty bad as well.

And it does really sound like they have someone already in mind and are going to try to move fast.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hamilton only played 20 games too. Combine that with losing 2 experienced d-men last year, their defense was pretty bad as well.

And it does really sound like they have someone already in mind and are going to try to move fast.

John Marino turned into a pumpkin this year too which was completely unexpected.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Don't know much about coaches but Berube doesn't feel great. He fits the profile of who we'd want but I just don't love it for this particular roster.

The more you look around at the options, the better a Ruff/Patrick tandem feels right. Then again, there could be a ton of options no one has mentioned that would be even better.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Felt just the opposite, I don't think there's any chance he waits around for Rod to figure out whats going on in CAR, potentially missing out on other options. I think he has his guy and its not RBM.
That makes sense as well

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I agree with most others. I think Berube and Ruff are my two best guesses from what Kevyn Adams said he’s looking for at his press conference. Maybe Boudreau, though probably not. I’d say maybe Brind’amor but with what Adams said about moving quickly if everything works out, that makes me think probably not him or any other coach in the playoffs.

I don’t know that Gallant really fits what Adams mentioned he wants.

I am just glad that we can actually discuss hiring one of these veteran head coach candidates and know it’s actually a realistic possibility!

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Obviously not a popular opinion given all the posts so far, but I do not think Berube can take this group to the next level. For him to be successful, I think Adams would have to significantly rebuild this roster, which is unrealistic imo.

I feel like posters want Berube because he is the polar opposite of Granato, and are looking for that tough to play for task-master, but I believe this team needs a coach who is smarter in the Xs and Os department than Craig Berube.

This team needs a coach that teaches them how to play together, not just harder.

Reactions: Faceboner

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So it's either Ruff

Or.. RBM ..

The way Kevyn was so direct in how he knew what he wanted and he wanted someone that pushed the players.

I know it's a pipe dream but when he was answering those questions it just sounded like he was talking about ugly

This might be the best autocorrect ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad