Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Berube or Ruff.

Boudreau I think may also be under consideration.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sounds like this will be done quickly, which will be refreshing to see a GM that had a set plan and went for it. Whether it works or not, is not to be graded yet. He can be praised for knowing what he wants and doing it immediately.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think it’s Lindy and I’m fine with it. There will be accountability and a commitment to systems that worked in the modern NHL until Jersey’s goaltending went the way Tim Murray wishes he could have had in the tank years. Players who don’t show up to start games won’t keep playing regular shifts in them

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I think I’ve been asking for the same guy for a decade. Someone that has made the playoffs with multiple teams. Preferably someone who’s taken a team from not making the playoffs to making the playoffs the next year.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Agree on the 1st 2, not so sure about Bruce.

He seems ready to make the move quickly, so that likely takes out waiting around on the RBA scenario.
Well, I think Boudreau is not so bad, although not the first option. He has extensive experience building teams and playing in the playoffs and one unsuccessful season in a not very stable team with certain problems that not everyone pays attention to, because of one season I would not give up on him.

Reactions: buffalowing88

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think I’ve been asking for the same guy for a decade. Someone that has made the playoffs with multiple teams. Preferably someone who’s taken a team from not making the playoffs to making the playoffs the next year.
So Lindy

Sounds like it's going to be Lindy and like most others I'm fine with it. I wouldn't say it's IDEAL but he kinda checks every box you'd be looking for.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
FXFZCTVJ272CNUSL2APBNQXKG4.jpg

Found our new coach on linkedIN

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
View attachment 852936

Found our new coach on linkedIN

I like Boudreau as a person but since the Canucks fired him and hired Rick Tocchet they have been a much better team in almost every category and guys they were ready to run out of town have been reborn. Makes me wonder how much of that is Tocchet being a great coach and how much is Boudreau is no longer even a good coach.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I agree with the general sentiment that it's going to be Ruff. And that's fine. I do think it would have been nice to have a guy like Boudreau answering post game pressers after a bad loss and compare his response to Granato. I just want a guy who will call a spade a spade and hold guys accountable.

Reactions: Selanne00008

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So it's either Ruff

Or.. RBM ..

The way Kevyn was so direct in how he knew what he wanted and he wanted someone that pushed the players.

I know it's a pipe dream but when he was answering those questions it just sounded like he was talking about ugly

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Ruff's Jersey team played fast and pressured all over the ice in the system he implemented. I think not only could we run that system... we may be able to do it BETTER

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So it's either Ruff

Or.. RBM ..

The way Kevyn was so direct in how he knew what he wanted and he wanted someone that pushed the players.

I know it's a pipe dream but when he was answering those questions it just sounded like he was talking about ugly
Why would he or the organization ever part ways, though? RBM is an excellent coach. I see no reason why he'd abandon his old team to coach the Sabres.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I agree with the general sentiment that it's going to be Ruff. And that's fine. I do think it would have been nice to have a guy like Boudreau answering post game pressers after a bad loss and compare his response to Granato. I just want a guy who will call a spade a spade and hold guys accountable.
This is where I am at as well.

Ruff's Jersey team played fast and pressured all over the ice in the system he implemented. I think not only could we run that system... we may be able to do it BETTER
Wonder why they regressed this year then?

Reactions: jd1970 and BUCKSHOT

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why would he or the organization ever part ways, though? RBM is an excellent coach. I see no reason why he'd abandon his old team to coach the Sabres.
Pay? Friction within organization? Who knows.

Just the impression I got.. I am most likely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad