Speculation: The coaching search continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
McLellan feels like the safest choice in that he has a proven track record with three different teams, so I’m sure he could get us to the playoffs sooner rather than later, but after that… who knows if he sticks.

Evason has less history but the unknown could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Green doesn’t have a great track record but Vancouver was pretty dysfunctional during his tenure to be fair. I don’t know much about him.

Experience or not it doesn’t feel like there’s much of a slam dunk choice outside of Berube so guess we’ll see what happens.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have watched Mclellan mismanage playoff teams a couple of times. Really not a fan, especially with how he handles his goalies. Berube is the obvious choice, id be fine with Evason. He did alot with not much. Look theyre worse without him. Seems like a stand up intense guy.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I have watched Mclellan mismanage playoff teams a couple of times. Really not a fan, especially with how he handles his goalies. Berube is the obvious choice, id be fine with Evason. He did alot with not much. Look theyre worse without him. Seems like a stand up intense guy.

Agree. Give me Berube, Julien or Evason.

Reactions: DrEasy

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Disclaimer that it's really hard to evaluate coaches because we have no idea how much they contributed etc. but I'd be really bummed if Travis Green was the choice.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Give me Berube but it seems like he’s not interested in the Ottawa job and only has eyes for Toronto.

If it’s not Berube then Evason. He created a system where goalies thrive in. That’s what we need. He also managed to get a mediocre to poor roster with shit ton of dead cap to the playoffs.

Please no to Travis Green, I would rather Keefe, he at least gets the most out of his crappy dcore and makes the playoffs.

Again, no to Green, I would rather hire a rookie AHL coach if that’s the case

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
If those guys are the final 4 then Berube for sure

If not McLellan will do I guess
Do “league executives” actually talk about the stuff to Bruce?? Or is this a play for credibility with new management tight-lipped? Truth or speculation?

Also, how long has it been since we have been called a “stable option” Lol

“Green spent five years behind the Vancouver bench and struggled to have success but many believe he deserves a second chance because the Canucks were dysfunctional and the Senators are a stable option.”

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Do “league executives” actually talk about the stuff to Bruce?? Or is this a play for credibility with new management tight-lipped? Truth or speculation?

Also, how long has it been since we have been called a “stable option” Lol

“Green spent five years behind the Vancouver bench and struggled to have success but many believe he deserves a second chance because the Canucks were dysfunctional and the Senators are a stable option.”
“league executives” is Garrioch inner monologue.

Apparently he had “league executives” talking to him about f***ing Lassi Thompson and Egor Sokolov prior to the trade deadline. Like which league executive outside Ottawa would consciously be taking the time to talk about those two guys. All it is now is Garrioch own speculation camouflaged behind “league executives” he supposedly has on speed dial willing to feed him information for his columns.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Vegas odds as of yesterday

% is the implued probability

John Gruden+13043.48%
Craig Berube+22031.25%
Todd McLellan+34022.73%
Dean Evason+75011.76%
Jay McKee+90010.00%
Jay Woodcroft+10009.09%
Gerard Gallant+15006.25%
Chris Kelly+60001.64%
Travis Green+60001.64%
Claude Julen+95001.04%

If Garrioch's info is actually from executives, which is highly unlikely, would be wise to throw a few sheckles on Green

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

John Gruden+13043.48%
Craig Berube+22031.25%
Todd McLellan+34022.73%
Dean Evason+75011.76%
Jay McKee+90010.00%
Jay Woodcroft+10009.09%
Gerard Gallant+15006.25%
Chris Kelly+60001.64%
Travis Green+60001.64%
Claude Julen+95001.04%

If Garrioch's info is actually from executives, which is highly unlikely, would be wise to throw a few sheckles on Green
I don't get why Gruden is seen as the favourite at this point, seems like all the smoke is around other options for the last few months.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't get why Gruden is seen as the favourite at this point, seems like all the smoke is around other options for the last few months.
Vegas usually has a heads up with this stuff, obvious with how they opperate :laugh:

He's definitely not seen as the favorite by fans, that's for sure, but obviously bookmakers who have legitimate contacts, a prerequsite for their profession, are setting the lines pretty generously

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Vegas usually has a heads up with this stuff, obvious with how they opperate :laugh:

He's definitely not seen as the favorite by fans, that's for sure
Yeah, I mean, they obviously aren't basing it on nothing,

That said, it might be a case of adjusting the odds because of the bets they've already received. Apparently that tends to be about 10% of how they adjust the odds.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, I mean, they obviously aren't basing it on nothing,

That said, it might be a case of adjusting the odds because of the bets they've already received. Apparently that tends to be about 10% of how they adjust the odds.
Absolutely, smart money is putting it eslewhere now, would be pretty foolish to put money on Gruden with those odds, but even with the bet adjustments, Vegas is still backing Gruden

Reactions: Micklebot

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I know his name means nothing but playoff failures to most people, but what Keefe was able to squeeze out of that Leafs team defensively was impressive. I think he's a good coach and while I don't think I would hire him this time around, I am interested in seeing what he can accomplish with a core that has heart.

Reactions: Tuna99

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I know his name means nothing but playoff failures to most people, but what Keefe was able to squeeze out of that Leafs team defensively was impressive. I think he's a good coach and while I don't think I would hire him this time around, I am interested in seeing what he can accomplish with a core that has heart.
I’d take Keefe in a heartbeat but I’m fairly certain Dubas would go and get him.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Friedman said today he’s been told Berube won’t be Ottawa’s coach. Kind of seemed that way anyway but we can probably cross him off the list

Reactions: BigRig4

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Also interesting that Jay McKee is so high up on the odds list with his connections to Andlauer through Hamilton/Brantford, his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

Reactions: GCK

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Friedman said today he’s been told Berube won’t be Ottawa’s coach. Kind of seemed that way anyway but we can probably cross him off the list
That was apparent awhile ago.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

John Gruden+13043.48%
Craig Berube+22031.25%
Todd McLellan+34022.73%
Dean Evason+75011.76%
Jay McKee+90010.00%
Jay Woodcroft+10009.09%
Gerard Gallant+15006.25%
Chris Kelly+60001.64%
Travis Green+60001.64%
Claude Julen+95001.04%

Think about it, would a guy like Staios want to talk to someone like Garrioch? A guy that doesnt take care of himself, never played the sport. Cant put together a sentence. Why on earth would he want to do him any favors. Hockey guys dont like Garrioch.

Also interesting that Jay McKee is so high up on the odds list with his connections to Andlauer through Hamilton/Brantford, his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere.
Yeah I think Vegas doesnt really know either they are just using people connected to the ownership group from a probability stand point.

I’d take Keefe in a heartbeat but I’m fairly certain Dubas would go and get him.
Perfect Sullivan would be a way better option. Not sure he would come here though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jason York saying Guy Boucher's fingerprints was all over how they played defensively.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He did it with nothing but his bare hands and a $150M hockey operations budget.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

John Gruden+13043.48%
Craig Berube+22031.25%
Todd McLellan+34022.73%
Dean Evason+75011.76%
Jay McKee+90010.00%
Jay Woodcroft+10009.09%
Gerard Gallant+15006.25%
Chris Kelly+60001.64%
Travis Green+60001.64%
Claude Julen+95001.04%

What are the bet against Gruden odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway