the classless leafs strike again

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasting time

Feb 12, 2003
OK, so the Canadiens think hosting the tournament which comes only every few years to Canada would be a money making event for their franchise.

The Leafs think the same for their franchise.

The Canadiens are a profit-driven franchise.

The Maple Leafs (MLSE) are a profit-driven franchise.

So what is the problem?

psod

Aug 25, 2005
You couldn't possibly be biased, could you?

''We've very, very interested,'' vice-president and general manager Bob Hunter said. ''Whether we'll bid or not has yet to be determined. We're looking at it seriously though.
The MLSE group hasn't even decided if they're going to bid yet.

The Ottawa 67's and the NHL's Senators are joining forces for that city's fourth straight attempt at winning the right to host it.
Are the Ottawa 67's classless too? Why not write that in the title of the thread as well?

Halifax, which set profit and attendance records in 2003, and Saskatoon, which hosted the tournament in 1991, also plan to throw their hats into the ring.
What about these guys, eh? What a classless bunch they are.

Quebec City and a joint bid from London and Kitchener, Ont., made the short-list for the 2006 tournament, but both are hesitating this time around.

Tourism London general manager John Winston says his group is looking at how London, with its 9,200-seat John Labatt Centre, could compete with the Bell Centre in Montreal or the Corel Centre in Ottawa.
Oh, so Tourism London isn't classless because they don't think they can compete with the Bell centre. What a great bunch of altruisic fellows over there.

Listen dude, to call the MLSE 'classless' because they're openly bidding on the chance to host a tournament that many other groups are also bidding on is a stretch. If you don't like the Leafs, that's fine, but stop clutching at things to somehow vilify them.

BTW - it wasn't even mentioned in the article that it is the 100th anniversary of the Montreal Canadiens .... do think maybe it's because no one else cares?

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
psod said:
You couldn't possibly be biased, could you?

The MLSE group hasn't even decided if they're going to bid yet.

Are the Ottawa 67's classless too? Why not write that in the title of the thread as well?

What about these guys, eh? What a classless bunch they are.

Oh, so Tourism London isn't classless because they don't think they can compete with the Bell centre. What a great bunch of altruisic fellows over there.

Listen dude, to call the MLSE 'classless' because they're openly bidding on the chance to host a tournament that many other groups are also bidding on is a stretch. If you don't like the Leafs, that's fine, but stop clutching at things to somehow vilify them.

BTW - it wasn't even mentioned in the article that it is the 100th anniversary of the Montreal Canadiens .... do think maybe it's because no one else cares?

Great post. What a joke this thread is

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Come on, you can't be serious? Why the hell shouldn't Toronto bid for the tourney? I don't like the Leafs either but this thread is a joke; they owe Montreal nothing.

Last edited:

g23

Aug 10, 2005
The Lakeshore
psod said:

Try reading it again. Third paragraph:
The Canadiens want to host the tournament in conjunction with the Habs 100th anniversary that year.

That said i do think the thread is silly, its just business. Both corporations want to make a profit from the event. Hardly surprising.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
aat4dt.jpg

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. I'd just like to bump this up to comment on what a colossal tool the thread starter is.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I think we can all agree that the thread starter is every bit as classless as the Leafs, or at least almost.

Whew...I just stuck up for the Leafs...I'm all tired out.

oilercrazygirl39

Dec 3, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I think all the Canadian teams should have a chance at the World Juniors. I was REALLY looking forward to it coming to Edmonton in 2006 - however Vancouver stole it from us :dunno:

However, I'm going down to Vancouver to watch them and I think it's going to be a really awesome experience. Whoever has the strongest bid, will win! Good luck! (although I wish it was in the west so I could afford to go again in 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad