Podcast (Audio) The Catfish on Ice Podcast

The Hockey Podcast Network

Mar 8, 2021
www.thehockeypodcastnetwork.com

In EPISODE 50 it's the Expansion Draft Preview:

-The crew reveals their protection list for the Preds and predict who they will lose to the Seattle Kraken

-Max Greenberg of Predlines.com joins to discuss what the Predators have to avoid doing this offseason

-Chad shares his experience at the NCAA Baseball Tournament, and Colin's love for the Phoenix Suns

Presented by DraftKings and part of The Hockey Podcast Network!
The Catfish on Ice Podcast

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Lost me when one of the guys said they would go 7-3 in ED protecting cousins and duchene and leaving fabbro exposed. I don’t see the logic in that

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lost me when one of the guys said they would go 7-3 in ED protecting cousins and duchene and leaving fabbro exposed. I don’t see the logic in that
I have seen a minor amount of disagreement here about protection lists. And it's usually all valid. I've never heard of anybody wanting to protect Cousins and expose Fabbro before, ever. That definitely hurts the credibility of their show.

Reactions: Tysonson3

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I have seen a minor amount of disagreement here about protection lists. And it's usually all valid. I've never heard of anybody wanting to protect Cousins and expose Fabbro before, ever. That definitely hurts the credibility of their show.
The other guys on the show had different lists that they could justify and I could see what point of view they were coming from, but I think this guy was just way off on his take and didn’t give any good reason why

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

In Episode 57 the crew gives their thoughts on Ryan Ellis getting traded, and also looks the Predators protection list for the Expansion Draft.

We wrap up the episode with some quick hitters, including Luke Prokop, Shea Weber and the Seattle Kraken.

Just as a FYI for you guys, there was no recapture penalty when Weber signed, so saying they knew about it before is wrong

Reactions: Armourboy

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Memory is fluid and I could be recalling this incorrectly. After all that contract was signed years ago. However, weren’t we discussing recapture as a potential problem leading up to that CBA? Like we knew it was more than likely going to happen and that this was a risk? I believe I remember there being 2 negatives being discussed at the time. The ‘poison pill’ massive front loaded bonus from a cash perspective and also this recapture concept.

I have trouble remembering what I did last week much less details from years ago tho.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Memory is fluid and I could be recalling this incorrectly. After all that contract was signed years ago. However, weren’t we discussing recapture as a potential problem leading up to that CBA? Like we knew it was more than likely going to happen and that this was a risk? I believe I remember there being 2 negatives being discussed at the time. The ‘poison pill’ massive front loaded bonus from a cash perspective and also this recapture concept.

I have trouble remembering what I did last week much less details from years ago tho.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything in the forum search to confirm or deny the known risk of recapture at the time of signing.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Not that I recall.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

As far as I can remember the main thing going on was that guys were trying to get deals done before the CBA was going to run out because everyone knew these deals were going to get axed. Past that I don't remember a penalty really being a discussion until we started hearing stuff come out of the negotiations.

The Hockey Podcast Network

Mar 8, 2021
www.thehockeypodcastnetwork.com

Episode 61 the crew gets us through the dog days of summer and the offseason:

-Is John Hynes getting a fair chance as Predators head coach?

-Dante Fabbro gets a new contract

-What the hell are we doing without hockey this summer

-Kyle Perkins, Preds Meme King, joins the show to talk offseason and how he became a Preds fan.

Presented by Draftkings and part of The Hockey Podcast Network!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad