Not open for further replies.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
"Old Mister Johnson had troubles of his own
He had a yellow cat which wouldn't leave it's home;
He tried and he tried to give the cat away,
He gave it to a man goin' far, far away.

But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back; it just couldn't stay away.
Away, away, yea, yea, yea"

Leafs GM returns

Ending weeks of speculation, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment President & CEO Richard Peddie has confirmed that Eric Danis will return as General Manager of the HFNHL Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. Danis is re-instated effective immediately.

In a press release issued a few minutes ago, Danis commented on his return to the Leafs organization. "The league and the team both understand that although I love the HFNHL and the Toronto Maple Leafs organization, I do have other commitments that prevent me from dedicating 100% of my time to the Leafs organization...which is why the Leafs will be on the lookout for a Coach/AGM."

Danis will have control of the hockey club, his decision will be the final one, but the Coach/AGM will definetely be counted on for his input.

"This team is young and inexperienced, and we do lack a bit of skill at all positions, except in nets, but these players play with grit, they are hard-working, lunch-pailer types, I love these guys, they are the reason I am returning as GM".

"We will have a competitive team, no one will be able to take a day off when they're playing us, any team planning to sit their star players when playing us will be in for a rude awakening".

It has been reported that the Leafs have already made offers to 8 current free agents, they also officially announced what had been confirmed by the league a few weeks ago, the signing of UFA Georges Laraque and they confirmed that they had matched the offer made to RFA Alexei Ponikarovsky. "Alex is going nowhere" said GM Danis.

Danis couldn't help to take a jab at rival GM Nick Quain in the press release..."he gave so much money to Scott Walker, I'm surprised he didn't offer him a piece of that ugly ark they have on the harbor...what the heck is that thing, anyway?"

Should be a fun season in Hog Town.

For Leafs TV,
I'm Brian Duff

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
(AP) St. Louis: The St. Louis Blues issued a short statement and brief conference on Friday, in response to the news out of Toronto regarding the return of Eric Danis as General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"We welcome Mr. Danis back to the HFNHL and look forward to the impact his competitiveness will have on the league." stated St. Louis General Manager Nick Quain.

While Quain would not comment on Danis' criticism of the Blues spending habits this offseason, he did say he looked forward to the Leafs next visit to the Kiel Center next season.

"And I'm sure Scott (Walker) is looking forward to it as well."

Mr. Danis is a long-time rival of Quain and the Blues, having been the General Manager of the Dallas Stars for several seasons in which several especially violent playoff series occured between the two teams.

Quain also noted at the conclusion of the press conference that the Blues remain undefeated in career playoff action against the Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad