Proposal: The Canucks, in theory, should be looking to trade Brock Boeser and Elias Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The Canucks, in theory, should be looking to trade Brock Boeser and Elias Pettersson

If you agree with the sentences below, then you should agree with my sentence above:

1) Most would agree that the Canucks are a “work in progress” rather than a “finished product” at this stage of their development.

2) Brock Boeser is a RW’er, while EP has also experienced more success as a winger than a center. EP’s chances of transitioning to center may not only be ill advised, but might also more unlikely than many people think.

3) Rebuilding or retooling teams should place a greater emphasis on solidifying their Center and Defensive positions than the Winged positions.

Hypothetically speaking, the Canucks should be looking to move Boeser for Draisaitl, and Pettersson for Heiskanen.

Future

Baertschi-Draisaitl-Eriksson
Leipsic-Horvat-Virtanen
Roussel-Sutter-Gagner
Schaller-Beagle-Granlund

Edler-Heiskanen
Hughes-Tanev
Juolevi-whocares!

Markstrom
Demko

Woo eventually replaces Tanev. Maybe Tryamkin comes back and joins Juolevi.

With a line up like this, and with a guy like Dahlen waiting in the wings, the Canucks now have a foundation. Their defense will be among the best in the league with Heiskanen and Hughes back there, while Draisaitl and Horvat would give us depth down the middle for years to come.

This is how you establish a foundation.

steamtrain

Mar 12, 2006
West Coast
wce0.jpg

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
What the **** is this nonsense? I'll quit being a fan if Vancouver trades these two.

It’s not nonsense.

So you would quit the Canucks if we got Draisaitl and Miro Heiskanen? Yeah thanks for coming out.

Heiskanen and Hughes would guarantee us one of the best blue lines in the NHL for over a decade, while Draisaitl’s presence would allow Horvat to play in a far more suitable #2C role.

It’s always easier to draft and/or acquire elite wingers than it is to draft/acquire elite centers and wingers.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

Yes, and that core won a grand total of one playoff round against a deathly ill St.Louis Blues team. If you recall, we were getting dildo slapped all around the rink by the Blues before sickness plagued the entire team.

Where I come from, 1 playoff win out of 4 (5 if you count the Colorado Avalanche series from 2001) is not something to write home about.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s not nonsense.

So you would quit the Canucks if we got Draisaitl and Miro Heiskanen? Yeah thanks for coming out.

Heiskanen and Hughes would guarantee us one of the best blue lines in the NHL for over a decade, while Draisaitl’s presence would allow Horvat to play in a far more suitable #2C role.

It’s always easier to draft and/or acquire elite wingers than it is to draft/acquire elite centers and wingers.

Draisatl is proving to be a winger. He is also WAY overpaid, slow of foot, and can’t find his own end of the ice.
That Hiskanen kid is overrated. He is small, and playing on Euro ice. He’s the next Philip Larsen.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
For Draisaitl and Heiskanen? No way. I see what you are aiming at - centres and defense win championships. But Drai and Heis are not the answer here. And I still believe EP can be an elite C.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
For Draisaitl and Heiskanen? No way. I see what you are aiming at - centres and defense win championships. But Drai and Heis are not the answer here. And I still believe EP can be an elite C.

Fair enough.

Do you have anyone else in mind? Mittelstadt and Makar for instance?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This is nonsensical even for you. You can't expect to just make lateral trades to have equivalent players at your preferred positions. That would be accounted for in a trade and the return would be indicative of that preference, and position isn't such a be all end all that anyone should be willing to take the hit that would be necessary.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Draisatl is proving to be a winger. He is also WAY overpaid, slow of foot, and can’t find his own end of the ice.
That Hiskanen kid is overrated. He is small, and playing on Euro ice. He’s the next Philip Larsen.

Heiskanen is overrated?

Interesting.

Is Pettersson overrated?

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Fair enough.

Do you have anyone else in mind? Mittelstadt and Makar for instance?
Mitts is overrated in my eyes. I have seen nothing to suggest he’ll be a great player worthy of replacing either Boeser or Pettersson. His college numbers are quite underwhelming for someone drafted at his number.

You’d think buffalo fans drafted the next McDavid the way some of them gush over him. I’ve not seen what they clearly seen. Maybe I need my eyes checked..

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is the biggest load of illogical swine excrement of a post I've ever seen.

Trade away our young budding star winger and Pettersson, then have Leipsic and JV on 2nd line????

Are you out of your f***ING mind?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
This is nonsensical even for you. You can't expect to just make lateral trades to have equivalent players at your preferred positions. That would be accounted for in a trade and the return would be indicative of that preference, and position isn't such a be all end all that anyone should be willing to take the hit that would be necessary.

Translation: Centers and Defensemen are not more important than Wingers. Riiiiight.

I think you’ve been sniffing one too many of your grandma’s farts. Time to get some fresh air son.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Translation: Centers and Defensemen are not more important than Wingers. Riiiiight.

I think you’ve been sniffing one too many of your grandma’s farts. Time to get fresh air son.
Reading comprehension, man.

It's the equivalent of drafting for positional need and expecting to come out of that well.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
This is the biggest load of illogical swine excrement of a post I've ever seen.

Trade away our young budding star winger and Pettersson, then have Leipsic and JV on 2nd line????

Are you out of your ****ING mind?

Why did you OMIT the part where I mentioned that we’d be getting DrDrai and Heiskanen? Let’s not be biased son.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Reading comprehension, man.

It's the equivalent of drafting for positional need and expecting to come out of that well.

Lolllllllll

That’s exactly what you implied with your post!

If it’s not?

Do you mind spelling it out to me?

Because any sane man reading your post would deduce the same thing that I did.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

I don’t agree.

I think it’s significantly easier to draft and/or acquire good wingers than it is to draft and/or acquire good centers, defenseman, and goalies.

If you take care of the C D and G’s first, the F’s will follow. That’s just my take though.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Why did you OMIT the part where I mentioned that we’d be getting DrDrai and Heiskanen? Let’s not be biased son.

Heiskanen is overrated because he was drafted 3rd, he's not gonna be the single D who can anchor this team's blue line.

Boeser already score at a pace higher than Draisaitl, and he's younger. Why the ass would we want to trade for him?

Not to mention, the defenders of Dim Jim says EP is Gretzky - is Draisaitl or Heiskanen anywhere near Gretzky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad