GDT: The Canes are playing the Faulking Blues tonight

rainband

Oct 7, 2009
It kinda blows my mind that the Canes could play NHL-.500 the rest of the way and finish with 110 points.

We're playing a President's Trophy caliber season and are only not leading the league because the Bruins are currently on pace to set the league record for points.
I just spent so many years trying to figure out what kind of insane record we would need in the home stretch to get to something like 93 points and maybe squeak in. Still haven't grown accustomed to this new feeling.

MisterDobz

Unauthorized User
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
...and Jarvis.
Jarvis had 40 points last year, has 30 points so far this year. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I have seen no indication that he will ever be more than a 15-20 goal, 20-25 assist guy. There’s nothing wrong with that, but I don‘t see that he is capable of much more. He has very good hands, average shot and he is undersized. No one can question his guts and he has very good hockey IQ, but is just too easy to muscle off the puck. He is streaky, but his streaks are usually only 2-3 games.

i want and expect more from TiVo, he has shown a capability to score at a much higher rate than he has this year, but his streaks are usually like 12 points in 10 games or something, mostly goes unnoticed.

I very much like the new lines, both Jarvis and TiVo seem to be profiting from them. I didn’t think Necas would do well playing with TiVo, but I was wrong, they seem to do quite well together and TiVo fills in some of the missing pieces in KKs game, freeing him up a bit.

I think the team is coming along nicely for 5he playoffs.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I just spent so many years trying to figure out what kind of insane record we would need in the home stretch to get to something like 93 points and maybe squeak in. Still haven't grown accustomed to this new feeling.
I think it was 96 points, the "6 points in 5 games" thread trackers or something like that.

That would mean we would need to go 6-20-0 for the remainder of the season to hit 96 pt threshold...that's insane compared to years past

Reactions: Tryamw and zman77

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I said it before. Win a lot of those games and we're peaking too early. Lose a handful and we're not playing well enough heading into the playoffs. I wonder if there's an exact combination of wins, losses, and play that will make the majority of people happy.

In reality, it doesn't much matter. You just hope to stay as healthy as possible and it all starts over in the playoffs. We finished like 9-8-3 down the stretch the year we won the Cup.
I can't like this more than once, but I would.

We beat the NYR 3 straight times in the last 10 games (going 8-2 in those games) of last season with back-up goalies and one of the statements that went around was that we were working too hard and were worn out by the playoffs. We swept Boston last year, were 2-0-1 against Tampa, were 1-1-1 against Toronto, and 1-1 against Colorado.

What did it mean in the playoffs?

Absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I can't like this more than once, but I would.

We beat the NYR 3 straight times in the last 10 games (going 8-2 in those games) of last season with back-up goalies and one of the statements that went around was that we were working to hard and were worn out by the playoffs. We swept Boston last year, were 2-0-1 against Tampa, were 1-1-1 against Toronto, and 1-1 against Colorado.

What did it mean in the playoffs?

Absolutely nothing.
"Absolutely nothing."

Ok, I'm old but when I saw your quote I thought of the Edwin Starr Motown's version of "War" with end of first part of song saying forcefully, "absolutely nothing"

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
My dislike for the Blews aside, just glad to see us take it to an inferior team from start to finish with little drama. More of this please! Wish we could have had a couple of these before we played NYR but it is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad