Speculation: The Calm Before the Storm for the Rest of the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyShore99

Nov 7, 2013
Pure speculation but some thing just clicked in my head. Hockey fans whom hate PIT often say PIT tanked for their high picks from 03-05 and for Mario in '84 and even losing late i the year for easier playoff match-ups. If Mario really does tank (obviously he doesn't) then the 14-15 Pens season will be long and miserable. Can Mario really be planning a tank?

How would Mario even tank? Easily and painfully. This summer from hell. Losing Shero and Disco Dan. Finding a 'babysitter' in Rutherford is arguably a poor move to make in Sid and Geno's prime. His HC selection can be even worse. Inexperienced Hynes (who I actually want for HC)? Bylsma-opposite Keenan? Rick f'in Tochett? Hell Mario and management seriously considered Pierre McGuire for GM. Anything is possible. After that losing Nisky and Jokinen and Gibbons and Orpik (Yes, he would be welcomed back purely for leadership, but his 4 year deal proposal can kiss my ass) would just be an awful offseason.

Now during the season, resting Sid and Geno and 58 periodically just 'for the **** of it' AKA tanking. Maybe Sid is out again with a head injury and 58 just rests often with BS injuries or post-stroke symptoms. By May, if all else goes wrong we'd be a bottom 3 team.

Finally, why tank? The Draft of course. Not just any draft, but the McDavid (next Sid) Sweepstakes. If not him, than Jack Eichel from Boston at no. 2. McDavid would become our 2 C while Geno joins Sid on line 1 with Kunitz. Eichel would become Sid's wing for the future.

3 SUPERstars in Geno, Sid, and McDavid/Eichel would just be insane (or the original plan with Jordan Staal, should have picked ****ing Toews) And to cap this all off, Babcock is free from DET to join his good buddy Sid in PIT and win baby win. Cup after Cup, take that Chi-town.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Even if they wanted to, nobody is going to have the capability of "out-tanking" Buffalo. Or just being bad unintentionally like Edmonton and arguably the Islanders.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pure speculation but some thing just clicked in my head. Hockey fans whom hate PIT often say PIT tanked for their high picks from 03-05 and for Mario in '84 and even losing late i the year for easier playoff match-ups. If Mario really does tank (obviously he doesn't) then the 14-15 Pens season will be long and miserable. Can Mario really be planning a tank?

How would Mario even tank? Easily and painfully. This summer from hell. Losing Shero and Disco Dan. Finding a 'babysitter' in Rutherford is arguably a poor move to make in Sid and Geno's prime. His HC selection can be even worse. Inexperienced Hynes (who I actually want for HC)? Bylsma-opposite Keenan? Rick f'in Tochett? Hell Mario and management seriously considered Pierre McGuire for GM. Anything is possible. After that losing Nisky and Jokinen and Gibbons and Orpik (Yes, he would be welcomed back purely for leadership, but his 4 year deal proposal can kiss my ass) would just be an awful offseason.

Now during the season, resting Sid and Geno and 58 periodically just 'for the **** of it' AKA tanking. Maybe Sid is out again with a head injury and 58 just rests often with BS injuries or post-stroke symptoms. By May, if all else goes wrong we'd be a bottom 3 team.

Finally, why tank? The Draft of course. Not just any draft, but the McDavid (next Sid) Sweepstakes. If not him, than Jack Eichel from Boston at no. 2. McDavid would become our 2 C while Geno joins Sid on line 1 with Kunitz. Eichel would become Sid's wing for the future.

3 SUPERstars in Geno, Sid, and McDavid/Eichel would just be insane (or the original plan with Jordan Staal, should have picked ****ing Toews) And to cap this all off, Babcock is free from DET to join his good buddy Sid in PIT and win baby win. Cup after Cup, take that Chi-town.

I like that you are thinking - but come on. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad