The call

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
All of you "move on" people are cowards. Move on? From the worst call in the history of the NHL? Get over it? Why, because you are too impotent to rise up and take matters into your own hands?

I refuse to move on. I refuse to get over it. I will have my revenge.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I've forced myself to move on from the call or it will eat at me all summer and I don't want to deal with that. I'll I know is they better change that f***ing rule this summer, I'm tired of watching the refs/coaches everytime the Avs score before I let myself celebrate.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
All of you "move on" people are cowards. Move on? From the worst call in the history of the NHL? Get over it? Why, because you are too impotent to rise up and take matters into your own hands?

Is this supposed to be a joke? Because this sounds like something an angsty teenager would say when they feel like the "world has wronged me SOOO bad."

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because this sounds like something an angsty teenager would say when they feel like the "world has wronged me SOOO bad."

tenor.gif

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

My friend Brett said its the worst call in the history of the NHL. And the offside rule is dumber than empty net goals.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't mind losing on this call even though it's wrong. However, I hope this call will push for change in the future GM meetings so we have more black and white instead of just grey.

I also don't understand how the NHL hasn't develop goalline technology they can then use for the blueline akin to FIFA's technology. Man before VAR, futball was a dark age sport, but now hockey is dark ages.

giphy.gif

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Sounds like the opening monologue from a Netflix miniseries

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's an easy solution, just get rid of the coach's challenge for offsides. The amount of times they're getting it wrong on review, defeats the whole purpose anyway. The inconsistency hasn't gone away, and it's increased the chances of impacting the game because they review so many of these plays.

Let Toronto keep reviewing every goal, and if it's blatantly offsides they'll be able to see it pretty quickly, and call the goal back before they drop the puck. They can even add an extra 15 seconds or so in between goal and puck drop to give Toronto more time.

Calling back a goal for being an inch or two offsides is a way bigger deal than allowing a goal because they were an inch or two offsides. That inch or two has essentially no impact at all on whether the goal was scored or not.

Reactions: MarkT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The NHL didnt look at the play, they just said Thornton needs his cup, NO GOAL!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad