GDT: The Calgary Flames visit beautiful Buffalo NY(5pmEDT) Game #4 CGY v BUF

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Watched the highlights.

That 4th line has great chemistry, and nice to see Coronato on the scoresheet again.

Also, Huberdeau really likes passing into players skates. At least it resulted in a goal this time..

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Watched the highlights.

That 4th line has great chemistry, and nice to see Coronato on the scoresheet again.

Also, Huberdeau really likes passing into players skates. At least it resulted in a goal this time..

Hubes has slowly been getting better IMO here. Obviously there was a lot of pressure last year. So far this season IMO he's subtly climbing back toward expectation. I don't think he may ever live up to the contract, but in fairness Gaudreau isn't by a long shot in Columbus either.

4th line is doing great, particularly Duehr. Coronato didn't play much in the 1st due in part to us being penalized a fair amount. But he was visible and played well in the 2nd and 3rd.

Ruz was good, so was Backlund and most of the others.

I thought Dube had a slow first half of the game with a couple of really bad shifts in the 2nd. Got better in the latter part of 2nd and then the 3rd.

Kadri is the heel right now, pretty noneffectice, missing shots etc.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Duehr is so good. He drives that 4th line and makes it almost good enough to be a 3rd line. He is a high high end bottom-6 RW, very valuable at his contract too.

Love Ruzicka too, he’s such a stud. Almost Draisitl-esque the way he uses his frame and controls the puck. Feel like his potential is a lot higher than I originally thought.

I just pray Kadri can get going, he literally drags everyone around him down and he is so selfish it’s shocking. He also can’t stay on-side for the life of him it’s ridiculous. If we can find a role for Kadri, keep seeing improvement from Hubes, and get Wolf some action I’m optimistic. Big ifs tho

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Duehr is so good. He drives that 4th line and makes it almost good enough to be a 3rd line. He is a high high end bottom-6 RW, very valuable at his contract too.

Love Ruzicka too, he’s such a stud. Almost Draisitl-esque the way he uses his frame and controls the puck. Feel like his potential is a lot higher than I originally thought.

I just pray Kadri can get going, he literally drags everyone around him down and he is so selfish it’s shocking. He also can’t stay on-side for the life of him it’s ridiculous. If we can find a role for Kadri, keep seeing improvement from Hubes, and get Wolf some action I’m optimistic. Big ifs tho

Duehr has a high level of speed/skating as well. That with decent puck control and shot it definitely feels like he's undervalued as a 4th liner and could easily move up the lineup. Solid, solid addition.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Found this on reddit. Someone took this pic in warmups last night.
If you look across the ice there's a guy with a yellow sign at the glass. I'm the guy standing behind him in the Heritage Classic jersey with my hands in my pockets. Had amazing seats. $125 Canadian, and got a lot of great pics.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If you look across the ice there's a guy with a yellow sign at the glass. I'm the guy standing behind him in the Heritage Classic jersey with my hands in my pockets. Had amazing seats. $125 Canadian, and got a lot of great pics.

That beard though… :O

Reactions: Kahvi and Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Looks like you got you a glorious beard.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Looks like you got you a glorious beard.
My best friend suffered a stroke about a month ago, heart related. He's younger than me and in great shape. Came to a shock to everyone. Anyways, he's on blood thinners, can't use a razor to shave, has to retire from hockey, so I started a little thing within my friends group. Beards for Brian. If he can't shave, neither will I. Lol.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My best friend suffered a stroke about a month ago, heart related. He's younger than me and in great shape. Came to a shock to everyone. Anyways, he's on blood thinners, can't use a razor to shave, has to retire from hockey, so I started a little thing within my friends group. Beards for Brian. If he can't shave, neither will I. Lol.
That's awesome.

I started mine for more selfish means, my ex hated them, so when we broke up I grew one... but kept it trimmed for the most part... but the last few years I've said f*** it and just et it grow until my mental health tells me I need to change something to feel in control... at which point I shave it off and immediately regret it.... but right now it's back to probably 3.5-4"

@Kahvi I dig it man... this was the last pic I took... they wanted me to have an avatar for work... that was also 2021, but I am more grey now too.

1697828631014.png

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Haha. My "beard" attempts have been sad at best. My dad could grow a monster beard, I just somehow got my mom's family's ability. Bunch of sparse boys on that side of the fam.

Great great seats @Boomstick. I figured you'd do well after scouring ticketmaster curious what was out there. Might have even seen your purchased seats. There was some row 2/3 much lower than market value.

Glad you got to see a win.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Haha. My "beard" attempts have been sad at best. My dad could grow a monster beard, I just somehow got my mom's family's ability. Bunch of sparse boys on that side of the fam.

Great great seats @Boomstick. I figured you'd do well after scouring ticketmaster curious what was out there. Might have even seen your purchased seats. There was some row 2/3 much lower than market value.

My dad could not grow a beard... I also got my mother's ability.

• Haha
Reactions: flames23

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site

Got them on ticketmaster for $125 Canadian. But Buffalo always has really affordable tickets.

Reactions: flames23

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Sweet pic! Awesome jersey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad