Confirmed with Link: The Calgary Flames Name Ryan Huska the Franchise's 24th Head Coach

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't understand the willingness to hire a coach to cater to a style of play for a couple of players that came from that with a GM that decided to trade them rather than pay them.
Like it or not we are married to Huberdeau long term, returning him to a 100+ point player is our only real path forward unless we tear it down and rebuild and we all know that isn't happening

Last edited:

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't understand the willingness to hire a coach to cater to a style of play for a couple of players that came from that with a GM that decided to trade them rather than pay them.
Probably the fact we're investing almost $20 into those two players the majority of the next decade whether we like it or not, and we tried the clashing style coach, don't got much to lose going the other direction for a couple years.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
Ideally for me we bring in someone who is established. New coaches scare me since Ward and Guletzan. I would bring in Love to be assistant/associate coach with the understanding the next coaching change he is behind the bench

And for the love of god bring in someone better for a goalie coach. Hell we bringing the band back together lure Kipper out of retirement. Whatever it takes, case of vodka a week, unlimited darts, whatever.

Would be ok with Gelinas back as an assistant as well

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
And for the love of god bring in someone better for a goalie coach. Hell we bringing the band back together lure Kipper out of retirement. Whatever it takes, case of vodka a week, unlimited darts, whatever.

I always think to myself: you know who would make a great coach? An anti-social guy who doesn't talk much and wants nothing to do with hockey :sarcasm:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Olli Jokinen, Director of Big McMeals and Waffles
02b.gif

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
DailyFaceoff's Frank Seravalli mentions Mitch Love and Andrew Brunette as potential candidates for the Calgary Flames head coach position.

What role could Iginla have with Flames and is Treliving the front-runner for Leafs job?

7:45 | May 23, 2023

DailyFaceoff's Frank Seravalli joins Sportsnet Central to discuss the hot topics around the NHL world including the Flames' front-office revamp, who is leading the pack for Leafs' GM and does Dubas want Penguins' job?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Muller coaches one of the worst powerplays all season long with zero adjustments so naturally he deserves a promotion. Experience Murray Edwards ownership.

To be fair, if Sutter refused to even practice the PP or make changes (allegedly) I'd lay at least a major chunk of the blame at his feet too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad