Music: The "Burgeoning" Artists Thread

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
One of my favourite things to do is to find or share talented but unknown music artists. And I imagine that there may be some on this board who also get a thrill out of that. So I figured I'd make a thread for it.

This is a thread strictly for indie or largely unknown singer-songwriters, rappers, pop singers, etc.

So please, share whom you've discovered with us.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Matt Corby is well-known in the UK and Australia. However, he is largely unknown outside of his country (Australia) and the UK. So here is one of his latest songs:

I got a chance to see him in concert this past Summer. It was fantastic. He is my favourite artist.

Then there's Jordan Mackampa, whom I recently discovered. He is one of the few Black folk artists out there, I really appreciate that.

Samm Henshaw is a soul/folk artist. I actually recently got the chance to interview him. He is a cool guy.

This lady has one of the best vocals I've heard in a long time. Her incredible vocals and pop sound gives her a great chance at blowing up sometime soon.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I could go on forever, being a part of a DIY music scene myself, but there are a few that have absolutely blown me away.

Bent Knee - The first time I ever heard these guys they played in front of maybe 5 people at my buddy's venue about 5 years ago. They just went on tour with The Dillinger Escape Plan a couple months ago. Incredibly proficient from a technical standpoint, while giving the proper attention to songwriting and arrangement.

Crying - Just released an album called Beyond the Fleeting Gales that has become one of my favorite albums of the past few years, and it's hard for me to stop raving about it. Similar to the above (not quite aesthetically, but in terms of quality of musicianship/attention to detail).

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I could go on forever, being a part of a DIY music scene myself, but there are a few that have absolutely blown me away.

Bent Knee - The first time I ever heard these guys they played in front of maybe 5 people at my buddy's venue about 5 years ago. They just went on tour with The Dillinger Escape Plan a couple months ago. Incredibly proficient from a technical standpoint, while giving the proper attention to songwriting and arrangement.

Crying - Just released an album called Beyond the Fleeting Gales that has become one of my favorite albums of the past few years, and it's hard for me to stop raving about it. Similar to the above (not quite aesthetically, but in terms of quality of musicianship/attention to detail).

Crying's link isn't working. I Youtubed the song, though. I like it. You weren't kidding about the musicianship. I will check out their other songs.

Thanks for sharing!

ratmanfu

Jun 23, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
One of my favourite things to do is to find or share talented but unknown music artists. And I imagine that there may be some on this board who also get a thrill out of that. So I figured I'd make a thread for it.

This is a thread strictly for indie or largely unknown singer-songwriters, rappers, pop singers, etc.

So please, share whom you've discovered with us.

I love these type of thread discussions. Hoping most of my contributions fit the "burgeoning artist" criteria you're shooting for.

The first I'd like to share is Benjamin Clementine, a London artist whose voice and general delivery reminds me a lot of Nina Simone.

I find his performances both mesmerizing and compelling. Granted, his style is not for everyone, but he's worth at least a first listen.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad