Proposal: THE BRUINS and Pens

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Hanson, Bartkowski, Cohen and a 3rd 2014 for Despres and Dumoulin. Gives the Pens a little help on RW, which they need, and replaces some of the D their losing; while giving THE BRUINS depth and future on D, which they need.

Point of interest, Hanson, Bartkowski and Cohen are all from the Pittsburg area wnd Dumoulin is from Maine.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hanson, Bartkowski, Cohen and a 3rd 2014 for Despres and Dumoulin. Gives the Pens a little help on RW, which they need, and replaces some of the D their losing; while giving THE BRUINS depth and future on D, which they need.

Point of interest, Hanson, Bartkowski and Cohen are all from the Pittsburg area wnd Dumoulin is from Maine.

Hanson is likely to be a career minor leaguer (or have a Trent Whitfield-esque career), worthless in trade value. Depres is a better prospect than Bartkowski
and Cohen combined. A 3rd means nothing in terms of bringing value to this trade.

We want Depres, we're looking at moving at least one of Koko, Knight, or Spooner (and even then, they might not). It's all about quality for quality, not quantity. Pittsburgh easily laughs at this one.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
I tend to think the Bruins will deal Bart to Pittsburgh, but won't get more than a so-so pick in return. He's RFA after the season and the Bruins probably won't qualify him if they don't think he can make their team ahead of Johnson. He was awesome in the second quarter of the P-Bruins' season, but I haven't been able to see much of them since the NHL started. Krug was AHL Rookie of the Month for February (and he's a PMD -- Bart's faster, but not offensively inclined) so I think Krug's going to be the guy Boston has to give up if they want to deal from their blueline prospects pool. There will also be some market for Trotman because he's big, somewhat skilled and, above all, a right shot.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I would absolutely LOVE if we were to trade for Dumo though.

Not only is he a good big bodied LH prospect that we could really use for the future, but I also know him personally and went to HS with him.

Boston has an abundance of forward prospects, Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects.

Something around Caron for Dumoulin could work?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If Chiarelli manages to get ANY NHL worthy player with the litany of garbage prospects he has, it's a success.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

love Dumoulin, unfortuntately the Pens probably do to

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What is it about sending a player back home that motivates dealmakers? Its the same as the baseball pundits wanting to trade Ellsbury to Seattle because he comes from the Northwest.

Who knows, maybe Cohen, Hanson and Bartkowski left Pittsburgh because they hated the place.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I wish before any trade posters would think "hey, if I was the other teams gm, would I want to do this."

Why would they take our crap for quality prospects?

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

Would not do that for Dumoulin alone. Despres will be something, he wasn't dress the game before last just for the sake of not dressing him. Nothing more, he has been a lot like Hamilton for them this year.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

i would do it if the penguins gave us a 2nd round pick also. too much potential going the other way.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
i think the pens moved lovejoy to the ducks because depres was ready for more responsibility and bigger minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00