Confirmed with Link: The Brothers Cotton sign

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
4f6d0c91-f704-49a1-b714-75601d7eb19b_text.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm kinda wondering if signing Jason was the boost to entice David to sign? PPG player for Sacred Heart, but also 25, seems like a pretty longshot to be more than MAYBE an AHLer. Even still, I think it's worth sacrificing that extra contract slot of it was the difference between getting David to sign or not

Question for our resident CBA/Contract experts, would Jason's ELC be a 3 year also given that he's 25?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm kinda wondering if signing Jason was the boost to entice David to sign? PPG player for Sacred Heart, but also 25, seems like a pretty longshot to be more than MAYBE an AHLer. Even still, I think it's worth sacrificing that extra contract slot of it was the difference between getting David to sign or not

Question for our resident CBA/Contract experts, would Jason's ELC be a 3 year also given that he's 25?
Jason: 1 year
David: 2 years

I think (may be incorrect though) that the 3 year deal basically only runs till their 21 yo season for North American players

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

According to capfriendly (and kudos to them for keeping up on this right now!) no:

David has a 2 year ELC
Jason has a 1 year ELC

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Jason: 1 year
David: 2 years

I think (may be incorrect though) that the 3 year deal basically only runs till their 21 yo season for North American players

According to capfriendly (and kudos to them for keeping up on this right now!) no:

David has a 2 year ELC
Jason has a 1 year ELC
Thanks guys, I was thinking Jason's would only be 1 year at his age (or 2 but this "year" counts as 1)

Reactions: zman77

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Great news to have one of the most hyped senior NCAA drafted prospects this year choose us instead of running to Boston/Pittsburgh/New York. If he performs well in Charlotte, he could either become a contributor for us or a coveted trade piece like Priskie and Luostarinen were. Who knows with his brother Jason; best-case scenario is that we capture Poturalski-like lightning in a bottle for Charlotte during the next couple of seasons, and worst-case we have some ECHL fodder.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Also, David's brother Jason is a right-shot. Knowing that, perhaps he can be a more useful piece for Charlotte next year than folks expect. The only right-shot forwards that'll be in Charlotte this coming season besides him are Bokk, Mattheos, and Smallman. It's IMO a foregone conclusion that Geekie will be an NHL full-timer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad