The Boyd Devereaux RPG Award

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Let's hear your favorites for the biggest enemy of the tank down the stretch. Does Komarov get hot again, does Nylander come up and go PPG, does Bernier remember how to play goal suddenly?

I have Michalek scoring some late goals as Ottawa's final gift to us.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Reimer stays - Reimer

If Reimer does not stay - I think JVR coming back could screw us although I liked your Michalek pick...he must be moved.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Jeez.

You know I almost wish the leafs don't come 30th-28th just so I can spare myself the heartbreak of losing the lottery 3 times and picking 4th.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Jeez.

You know I almost wish the leafs don't come 30th-28th just so I can spare myself the heartbreak of losing the lottery 3 times and picking 4th.

Thought of that today. We're a bottom two team. I can't see us every winning a lottery because we're the leafs. It's going to really suck if we lose all three and pick fifth, missing a franchise C, the fins, and most likely the best Dman in the draft (projected).

If that happens, we probably walk away with Nylander. Good prospect, but not a Laine or Matthews we need to get out of a throw away year like this.

MLG Ghost

Feb 3, 2004
If Reimer stays - Reimer

If Reimer does not stay - I think JVR coming back could screw us although I liked your Michalek pick...he must be moved.

If Reimer goes, I predict a clear path to atleast a bottom three finish, probably even dead last. Then it's all in the hands of the lottery Gods.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Shawn Matthias. Can't score all season then he makes a late push with goals as the season and his chances at another NHL contract winds down.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Reimer goes, I predict a clear path to atleast a bottom three finish, probably even dead last. Then it's all in the hands of the lottery Gods.

Yeah, if Bernier is left and gets bombed a bunch, his confidence is paper thin so...should be a clear path the rest of the way with the tank and especially if more guys depart.

Should be us and Columbus at that point.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Signing Gerber who then got hot was beyond asinine on the part of Burke. I lost all affection for him after that.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
100% Reimer.
He is looking for that contract and will be diving around the crease making those playoff team-type saves.

And there are enough contract guys - probably can't trade them all, that will be playing above their heads.

Winnik, Lupul, Bozak, JvR will coast when going gets tough.
Kadri, Komarov, Rielly, Reimer will work their ass off no matter the score/situation.
Any UFA post deadline will work.
Cowen, Michalek, Greening and other trade fors - will show extra 'new team' effort.

I will say Kadri and Reimer are the anti-tank.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
100% Reimer.
He is looking for that contract and will be diving around the crease making those playoff team-type saves.

And there are enough contract guys - probably can't trade them all, that will be playing above their heads.

Winnik, Lupul, Bozak, JvR will coast when going gets tough.
Kadri, Komarov, Rielly, Reimer will work their ass off no matter the score/situation.
Any UFA post deadline will work.
Cowen, Michalek, Greening and other trade fors - will show extra 'new team' effort.

I will say Kadri and Reimer are the anti-tank.

Speaking of Michalek, when is he even due back?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Got to think we have another Booth (he got 8 of his 13 points last season after the deadline). Some UFA that nobody wants that goes on a hot streak. My money's on Arcobello.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
This lineup is trash, but I'm still not sold on us finishing lower then CBJ, Edmonton and Buffalo. Yeah we have less points right now, but most of those teams have at least 2 games on us, something that I'm sure we'll make up if we ever ice a full lineup again.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What does RPG stand for?

Gerber's stats weren't very good from what I recall, he got a lot of goal support though.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
What does RPG stand for?

Gerber's stats weren't very good from what I recall, he got a lot of goal support though.

The only thing that will stop this tank:

rpg-7.jpg

I'm starting to think it would be better to mostly focus on what we do in rounds 2-7 and treat our 1st as a bonus pick. 1 lottery was stressful enough.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Shawn Matthias. Can't score all season then he makes a late push with goals as the season and his chances at another NHL contract winds down.

Matthias has been a poor finisher his entire career, he isn't just having a snakebit season.

buttman*

Let's hear your favorites for the biggest enemy of the tank down the stretch. Does Komarov get hot again, does Nylander come up and go PPG, does Bernier remember how to play goal suddenly?

I have Michalek scoring some late goals as Ottawa's final gift to us.

Won't be one. As soon as Reimer is gone they are done. They are prob done now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad