The Boston Celtics are the best team in the East.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Celtics should be good in they are stacked with lottery picks. Guys like Tatum, Brown and Smart were all expected to be really good players. Compare that with the Raptors who do not have one player on their roster picked in the top 20 of the NBA draft. The Raptors definitely have overachieved.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Celtics should be good in they are stacked with lottery picks. Guys like Tatum, Brown and Smart were all expected to be really good players. Compare that with the Raptors who do not have one player on their roster picked in the top 20 of the NBA draft. The Raptors definitely have overachieved.

Now lets not act like the Raptors have not had any lottery picks over the years. They might not have any currently on the roster but they had a couple of lottery picks that were used to help build this current roster:

- Jonas Valanciunas ( drafted 4th overall in 2011 ) traded to Memphis for Marc Gasol
- Terrance Ross ( drafted 8th overall in 2012 ) traded to Orlando for Serge Ibaka

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Now lets not act like the Raptors have not had any lottery picks over the years. They might not have any currently on the roster but they had a couple of lottery picks that were used to help build this current roster:

- Jonas Valanciunas ( drafted 4th overall in 2011 ) traded to Memphis for Marc Gasol
- Terrance Ross ( drafted 8th overall in 2012 ) traded to Orlando for Serge Ibaka[/QUOTe
Duhhhhh ........ I was talking about the current rosters. The Celtics have Tatum and Brown both 3rd OA, Smart 6th OA , Walker 8th OA. And as I said not one Raptor was drafted in the top 20.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Raptors looked gassed there at the end.

Celtics might beat Miami. Won't beat the team from the West.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

- Terrance Ross ( drafted 8th overall in 2012 ) traded to Orlando for Serge Ibaka

Duhhhhh ........ I was talking about the current rosters. The Celtics have Tatum and Brown both 3rd OA, Smart 6th OA , Walker 8th OA. And as I said not one Raptor was drafted in the top 20.

Well duhhhhhhhhhhh yourself - I clearly said that Toronto did not have any currently on the roster but maybe reading comprehension is not your strong suit. By the way - it might be best not to use the duhhhh insult again in a post where you could not figure out the correct way to use the quote function. :nod:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well duhhhhhhhhhhh yourself - I clearly said that Toronto did not have any currently on the roster but maybe reading comprehension is not your strong suit. By the way - it might be best not to use the duhhhh insult again in a post where you could not figure out the correct way to use the quote function. :nod:
Thanks for the insults but I guess i should expect that from a guy in those two vocations. Your family must be very proud of you.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the insults but I guess i should expect that from a guy in those two vocations. Your family must be very proud of you.

First of all - you insulted me first so I don't know why you are so defensive about what I said. Second of all - very classy comment about my family. Hey my Dad died last year - any smartass comments about that ????

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
congrats celtics

I thought the North was supposed to be good :(
Then why did you pick them to miss the playoffs pre season? :laugh:

I’d say they’re pretty good. They played their worst two weeks of basketball all year and still went to the last minute of game 7. As Shaq said “If Siakam gives you anything, they’re on to the next round”

Credit the Celtics for taking advantage of the opportunity, but let’s be real.

They knocked off the kings

They are the new kings now
This was the second round. Long way to go and it only gets harder.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Again with this inane narrative. They traded away their lottery picks for established NBA players and stars.

Sep 19, 2008
Then why did you pick them to miss the playoffs pre season? :laugh:

I’d say they’re pretty good. They played their worst two weeks of basketball all year and still went to the last minute of game 7. As Shaq said “If Siakam gives you anything, they’re on to the next round”

Credit the Celtics for taking advantage of the opportunity, but let’s be real.

This was the second round. Long way to go and it only gets harder.
I nevah said they would miss the playoffs. I didn't think they would beat Milwaukee and I also recall saying that Boston would be a test. I mean, they had a terrible offseason. They lost Kawhi and Danny Green left. Then everyone started talking shit about how the North would be unstoppable because Majai is a genius and Nick Nurse GOAT.

I honestly think letting Kawhi walk will haunt this franchise. I don't mean to be grim but who else are they going to pick up that would replace what he did for the North.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I nevah said they would miss the playoffs. I didn't think they would beat Milwaukee and I also recall saying that Boston would be a test. I mean, they had a terrible offseason. They lost Kawhi and Danny Green left. Then everyone started talking shit about how the North would be unstoppable because Majai is a genius and Nick Nurse GOAT.

I honestly think letting Kawhi walk will haunt this franchise. I don't mean to be grim but who else are they going to pick up that would replace what he did for the North.
Oh my bad, that was Roman Fell. He had them outside the top 8 in pre season predictions. What an idiot, right?

Danny Green walking was addition by subtraction. He’s washed - 3&D 2 guard with low IQ, diminished defense and some of the worst cold streaks among any “shooter” I’ve seen. Let the Lakers pay him $15M - he should be making veterans minimum and 10-15 in the rotation.

People started talking shit after Kawhi left? Really?

The Raptors tried to resign Kawhi. They weren’t going to give him ownership stake and they weren’t going to let him be the general manager, and they weren’t going to let uncle Dennis call the shots. Of course losing the best player in the game leaves a void, but most have moved forward and will focus on what they have rather than crying over what they don’t.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Again with this inane narrative. They traded away their lottery picks for established NBA players and stars.
And your point is what exactly? Siakim, Van Vliet, Lowry , Annoby and Powell are exactly what I said. Over-achievers.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
And your point is what exactly? Siakim, Van Vliet, Lowry , Annoby and Powell are exactly what I said. Over-achievers.

Lol. My point is that the whole narrative of being a good team without lottery picks is absurd knowing full well the team had lottery picks which were later traded for guys making an impact right now. They have one of the best defensive centers in the NBA thanks to trading away a lottery pick, they have Ibaka because they traded away a former 8th overall pick and another 1st round pick, they have traded a lottery pick for Kyle Lowry, Kawhi was acquired for another lottery pick etc.

This team was built on lottery picks, it's just that these lottery picks were moved for proven guys or talented guys with perceived baggage. The whole narrative that you don't need lottery picks to win and then point to the Raptors as some kind of proof is hilarious and dubious, to say the least. Not to mention that it completely ignores how this team was built, and for what? So that winning the chip would be even more special? They won the trophy, they played well, but where they were drafted originally makes no difference whatsoever, knowing guys like Kawhi, Gasol, Ibaka even Lowry were all at worst starters in the league when they were acquired and in Kawhi's case the 2nd best player in the league, which is why they were worth all those lottery picks Raptors shelled out to get them.

Sep 19, 2008
Oh my bad, that was Roman Fell. He had them outside the top 8 in pre season predictions. What an idiot, right?

Danny Green walking was addition by subtraction. He’s washed - 3&D 2 guard with low IQ, diminished defense and some of the worst cold streaks among any “shooter” I’ve seen. Let the Lakers pay him $15M - he should be making veterans minimum and 10-15 in the rotation.

People started talking shit after Kawhi left? Really?

The Raptors tried to resign Kawhi. They weren’t going to give him ownership stake and they weren’t going to let him be the general manager, and they weren’t going to let uncle Dennis call the shots. Of course losing the best player in the game leaves a void, but most have moved forward and will focus on what they have rather than crying over what they don’t.
I never had them outside the top 8 I always said they were going to be decent without Kawhi I just said that they wouldn't repeat which is true, they didn't.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Never forget the Raptors indirectly traded Primo Pasta Bargnani for Kawhi

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Lol they did not let Kawhi walk, if anything the Raps did everything in their power throughout the entire season to try getting him to re-sign, he just wanted to go to LAC instead since that's where he hails from.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Lol. My point is that the whole narrative of being a good team without lottery picks is absurd knowing full well the team had lottery picks which were later traded for guys making an impact right now. They have one of the best defensive centers in the NBA thanks to trading away a lottery pick, they have Ibaka because they traded away a former 8th overall pick and another 1st round pick, they have traded a lottery pick for Kyle Lowry, Kawhi was acquired for another lottery pick etc.

This team was built on lottery picks, it's just that these lottery picks were moved for proven guys or talented guys with perceived baggage. The whole narrative that you don't need lottery picks to win and then point to the Raptors as some kind of proof is hilarious and dubious, to say the least. Not to mention that it completely ignores how this team was built, and for what? So that winning the chip would be even more special? They won the trophy, they played well, but where they were drafted originally makes no difference whatsoever, knowing guys like Kawhi, Gasol, Ibaka even Lowry were all at worst starters in the league when they were acquired and in Kawhi's case the 2nd best player in the league, which is why they were worth all those lottery picks Raptors shelled out to get them.
You can't seem to comprehend what I am saying. I was focusing on the team as it is currently constructed. Guys like Siakim , FVV and Annoby were guys that no teams saw as instrumental pieces on a good team when they were drafted ; and in FVV's case he wasn't drafted. Yet they are 3 key starters on this team.
Oh and if you didn't notice Kawhi didn't play for the Raptors this year so why bring him up in a conversation about this year's team?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You can't seem to comprehend what I am saying. I was focusing on the team as it is currently constructed. Guys like Siakim , FVV and Annoby were guys that no teams saw as instrumental pieces on a good team when they were drafted ; and in FVV's case he wasn't drafted. Yet they are 3 key starters on this team.
Oh and if you didn't notice Kawhi didn't play for the Raptors this year so why bring him up in a conversation about this year's team?
What's the point though? Seems like you are giving guys like Siakam a pass because he was drafted at the end of the 1st rd. Raptors better hope he simply didnt overachieve because his contract would be a anchor.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
What's the point though? Seems like you are giving guys like Siakam a pass because he was drafted at the end of the 1st rd. Raptors better hope he simply didnt overachieve because his contract would be a anchor.
No I'm just saying that maybe expectations might be too high for this guys because they weren't supposed to be "the Guys". Also Siakim's contract doesn't kick in until next year.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He didn’t touch a ball the entire time in quarantine. He wasn’t able to pick it back up like others who’ve played their whole life. Nobody gives him a pass, he wasn’t good enough... But most believe it was more due to circumstances than effort or ability. Only time will tell.

Hear guys like Rico Hines and Phil Handy talk about his character, work ethic, and offseason habits - he seems like a pretty good long term investment, even if he had a rough few weeks in the restart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad