OT: The Booze Bin

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Probably mucking up the regular threads with all the inspired booze talk, so maybe a place to talk about favorite poisons? I never start threads so if this just has to be tossed into the lounge thing, that's cool. I just never bother to look in there, I'm into tangents baby.

Anyway, I am drinking a Pipeworks beer called Imperial End of Days which has dark writing on the can and I assumed to be a massive IPA but it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch getting it on with a churro and I am not sure how to feel. I guess it's a milk stout.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
When it comes to beers I can't stand IPAs and Hefewezens, but I love a good porter or stout. If you live in Colorado I highly recommend Breckenridge Brewery's vanilla porter and Blue spruce brewing company
Belgium golden strong.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Whiskey is my drink of choice at the moment with McKenna 10 year being my go to.

Moving to Barcelona at the end of the month though so I think a lot of red wine and gintonics are in my future.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't drink a whole lot, age and a long history of alcoholism in the family (not to mention my occasional vulnerability to the Asian Flush) have dampened my enthusiasm for spirits in recent years.

Doesn't mean I don't partake though. The local brew scene here has exploded and there's plenty of great beers and ciders to sample. I've even found a few IPAs that aren't so bad, but sours are the way to go IMO.

As for hard liquor I've had some good scotches and I love a well-mixed dirty vodka martini but can't say I'm a whiskey guy. Tried like hell to be like Don Draper and take down an Old Fashioned but they're just not my thing.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't know if they still make it or not, but the Chophouse in Denver used to make the most incredible oatmeal stout. It tasted like cream. So smooth. It's probably been a good 5-7 years since I've been though. Hope they still make it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Had a couple of Cuban mules and gin & tonics last weekend. The bar didn't have Napue Gin but I have that at home, though.

Easter is coming and I'll be getting a bottle of Symington Altano with lamb. It's a Portuguese red. Haven't tried that one, it's supposed to be good.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Probably mucking up the regular threads with all the inspired booze talk, so maybe a place to talk about favorite poisons? I never start threads so if this just has to be tossed into the lounge thing, that's cool. I just never bother to look in there, I'm into tangents baby.

Anyway, I am drinking a Pipeworks beer called Imperial End of Days which has dark writing on the can and I assumed to be a massive IPA but it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch getting it on with a churro and I am not sure how to feel. I guess it's a milk stout.
Cobra is probably my favourite :

1680633564223.png

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Whiskey is my drink of choice at the moment with McKenna 10 year being my go to.

Moving to Barcelona at the end of the month though so I think a lot of red wine and gintonics are in my future.
I have been searching for some McKenna 10 year to try but it is not available anywhere around here.

My go to has been Russel's Reserve Single Barrel lately.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Ohhhh POISON!?!! Then I'd like to change my answer to :

View attachment 681504
Had a friend in the Navy that bought their debut album and thought it was a bunch of hot chicks.

Freakin' LA in the 80s. What a time.

Has anyone tried Backstage Southern Whiskey? It's one of those celeb partnerships (Darius Rucker), I like the artist and figure what the hell, I'd like to give it a go, but haven't been able to find a distributor this far north.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I'm a Gin guy. Been drinking Big Gin - London Dry and Big Gin - Bourbon Barreled lately. Both are distilled in Seattle. Although, I have had a hard time finding it around locally lately, and I'm almost out. I'll be pissed if I can't get it anymore.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Used to drink gin in the Navy. The stories I heard about myself when doing so were legendary, but I had a to dial it down. I always liked Bombay, but Hendricks's is a really nice one if you haven't tried it.
Hendricks is good. Different, but good. Had some of their Lunar last summer, and it was good.

Leopold Bros in Denver makes a good Summer Gin. It is great on its own neat, IMO. I tried to mix it in with some drinks, but the drinks didn't taste right.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Hendricks is good. Different, but good. Had some of their Lunar last summer, and it was good.

Leopold Bros in Denver makes a good Summer Gin. It is great on its own neat, IMO. I tried to mix it in with some drinks, but the drinks didn't taste right.
Lee Spirits out of Colorado Springs makes an incredible strawberry ginger gin. Mixes very well into several classic gin cocktails.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad