The Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2013-14 Season

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Anyone who thinks Dallas beats the Avalanche in the first round hopefully is mistaken.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
You're on out for vengeance this post season. I think you sweep.

been playing with a busted controller this past block of games. Felt like I was handicapped lol just conveniently lost Hedman for 4 games into the playoffs during me n Dallas' last game together in the season #headhunting

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
2-1 lead for :wings

Tight series so far, this should go to a game 7

Our games won't be done tonight, we are stopping for the night

Last edited:

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Wow. Those 2 back to back desperation saves by Backstrom and then right back by Dubnyk were ridiculous in a tied 1-1 game late in the 3rd.

3-1 lead for the Oilers heading back to Edmonton.

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
Wow. Those 2 back to back desperation saves by Backstrom and then right back by Dubnyk were ridiculous in a tied 1-1 game late in the 3rd.

3-1 lead for the Oilers heading back to Edmonton.

Yeah I was wowed by both saves.

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON
And the Sens get swept by Florida. Good games, I feel like I deserved a little more, but I'm sure Markstrom's steroids will run out.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
How many point blank saves by Backstrom that game holy hell lol.

Game 6 back to Minnesota.

3-2 Oilers.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Good series Minnesota.

Backstrom and Havlat beat me single handedly.

Never been ****ed by a goalie so hard in my life. And that post at the end there. Open net. Ugh.

Good luck in the playoffs man.

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
Wow Backstrom just stole that game for me. Great series Edmonton tough battle was the tale of 2 different goalies for myself first 4 Backstrom was terrible last 3 he was dominate. Thanks for a great series.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
I wish I had a video of every diving save Backstrom made. There was at least 4 or 5 in the last 3 games lol.

I had that series game 5 with a minute left =P.

Gonna lose sleep over this haha

:help:

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
I wish I had a video of every diving save Backstrom made. There was at least 4 or 5 in the last 3 games lol.

I had that series game 5 with a minute left =P.

Gonna lose sleep over this haha

:help:

I know you did and it was a ****** tying goal, went under review even. Couple games went the wrong way I think. Game 1 I thought I was in cruise control and then the good old momentum and Backstrom couldn't stop a beach ball then he took over in 6 and 7.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Just letting you all know that :bolts vs :canes will be starting up Friday. I've got a midterm Friday morning, and he said he has stuff to study for too, but we plan to knock out the whole series Friday.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:hawks beat :blues in 5

Amazing series.

Game 1: 0-0 in the 3rd and with 0.1 seconds left Kane puts in on net, and Mcneil pokes it in for the game winner

Game 2: Another back and forth all game. Pietrangelo scored a goal and then the Hawks were done 1-0 in the 3rd. With 27 seconds left, the Hawks tie it up. We got disconected so we had to restart. Oshie got in close on Bernier with 6 minutes to go in OT and put it past Bernier

Game 3: Another crazy game. Blues scored 1st and its 1-0 in the 3rd again. With 50 seconds left Kane passes to Bolland to tie it up sending it to OT again! A few minutes left in OT and Leddy rips a slapshot from the point that gets by Elliiot.

Game 4: The only game of its kind. Hawks score 3 goals in the 1st period and are up 3-0 going into the 2nd. St. Louis quickly pots 2 more to make it 3-2 going into the 3rd. Hawks hold on for the victory

Game 5: Hawks score first (the 2nd period i think) off a Jimmy Hayes wrist shot. Hawks are up 1-0 going into the 3rd. Hawks are scrambling to get the puck out of their zone but cant. The puck was in the Hawks zone for about 5 straight EA minutes. Blues, facing elimination, TIE IT UP and send it to OT...again. Scoreless OT, sending it to Double OT. Hawks get a powerplay. Toews sets up a one-timer to Kane for the game winner!

*All 5 games were decided by 1 goal
*3 games went to OT, while one game went to double OT and one game ended with .1 seconds left in the 3rd

Steve is a standup guy. Plays well and fair. I knew this guy was going to be tough from the moment he joined the league. Every game was close and this series could have gone either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad