Pre-Game Talk: The Blues Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We blew out the team with the top record in the west on their ice then blew out the defending champs 24 hours later in their building and still it is dowplayed. We did it at the end of a long road trip without our leading scorer from last year as well!

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
We blew out the team with the top record in the west on their ice then blew out the defending champs 24 hours later in their building and still it is dowplayed. We did it at the end of a long road trip without our leading scorer from last year as well!

That's about as good as the regular season gets.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You need to comment more on hockey and less with personal crap.

But I must ask. Forget the Hawks for a second, do you think Ducks and Kings were anywhere close to their best on the weekend? Yes or no?

It certainly would be nice to discuss hockey logically and honestly without some of you folks getting your shorts in a knot.

Please Bobby, I comment on hockey all the time, but you just continue to ignore it and come up with your own **** as if it is fact.

I don't know if the Ducks or Kings were playing at their best, but I do know the Hawks were and they made those two teams look like bubble teams. Do you honestly think the Hawks were playing their best through the first 12 games of the season? Or against the Wings, or Canucks?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Ducks haven't been playing at their best for several weeks. That's not the Hawks fault.

As for the Kings, they played about the same they have all year and played Martin Jones in 2 games pior to the Hawks one specifically so they could have Quick as rested as possible to face the Hawks. Meanwhile Corey came out on the 2nd day of a back to back and the Hawks owned them.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
LOL. The Kings played a lot better than the Ducks did, that's for sure.

One thing that I'm liking this year is that we are being much more responsible in our forechecking which is eliminating a lot of the 2 and 3 on 1s we saw last year. While I think our team defense is better, I think we are doing a much better job when we have the puck in the neutral and offensive zones to curtail the prime scoring chances we were giving up last year.

The defense is better and the Crawford has been great, but it all starts by having awareness and not getting caught with your pants down. The number of elite chances we are giving up, specifically the oddman breaks, are visibly down from last year. Although our record doesn't reflect it yet (though our GD does), we play a lot better when we don't force the issue so much offensively (and yes I know our shots our up). I thought we forced it too much last year, where this year we are letting our defense create our offense. That is when we are at our best.

Good post. Hope the Hawks have turned the corner offensively. Having trouble finishing has been the only real missing ingredient so far this season.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Seabrook is sick, but expected to play. Sharp won't go.

Brodeur in net for the Blues. Raanta for the Hawks.

Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys, trying to see the game tomorrow night without paying too much. Any advice for getting tickets or what section I should get?

Staying in Arlington Heights for training and would of liked to stay til Saturday to see the habs but I fly out Thursday. Thanks guys!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Seabrook is sick, but expected to play. Sharp won't go.

Brodeur in net for the Blues. Raanta for the Hawks.

WTF ... if true it makes no sense to me, and not against Blues certainly. Darling has played a fair bit of hockey and is ready; IMO, Scott gives the team the best chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad