The Blues and... Jimmy Howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
It's quite obvious that the Blues have had trouble down the stretch, but is this their answer? According to insiders via TSN, the St. Louis Blues have been keeping a close eye on longtime Red Wing goaltender Jimmy Howard.

Howard has a record of 7-6-3 in his 17 starts this year, holding a 2.68 GA% and a S% of .922

(discuss)
image0.png

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if kyrou or thomas are going back to detroit then its a great deal for the wings

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
The Kyrou/Thomas stuff is speculation on the part of Brad Krysko. I too believe that it is hogwash. Picks and medium prospects are what I see coming the other way.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Lol the blues will never go anywhere without goaltending...so they're gonna lose out on a season because they dont want to give up magic beans??? Howard can literally turn the season around...but zomg cant give up jordan kyrou. Oh noooo. The cup window is closing. Who knows how long kyrou is from being even a relevant NHL player. Wake the f up!

Reactions: Nazzlind

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Lol the blues will never go anywhere without goaltending...so they're gonna lose out on a season because they dont want to give up magic beans??? Howard can literally turn the season around...but zomg cant give up jordan kyrou. Oh noooo. The cup window is closing. Who knows how long kyrou is from being even a relevant NHL player. Wake the f up!

Considering the last time we were told that we gave up a haul for Ryan Miller when he was in his prime there is reason for doubt. In what world does Jimmy Howard return an A grade prospect? I would imagine the best prospect that we would give up would be Blais.

Also for your comment the season is pretty much already lost.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I feel like Jimmy Howard will go for a lot. Lots of teams are looking for a good goalie

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I can't believe I'm saying this but, as someone who has him in my pool, I kinda hope he stays with Detroit instead of going to St. Louis.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Picking up a tender who's playing well is the easy personnel move to make and it doesn't necessarily mean Allen has to go the other way. Expiring Bouwmeester for expiring Howard gets us close as a base. Blues are right up against the cap which means dollars for dollars.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Considering the last time we were told that we gave up a haul for Ryan Miller when he was in his prime there is reason for doubt. In what world does Jimmy Howard return an A grade prospect? I would imagine the best prospect that we would give up would be Blais.

Also for your comment the season is pretty much already lost.

A) No the season is not lost, it's called parity. A win streak and you can be right back in it.

B) The Blues have a solid team with a boss veteran core that's good enough to be a legit cup contender, I've watched most of the games I don't get the doom and gloom.

C) Goaltending is killing the blues imo. The team doesn't trust the sieve that is allen, and the way they play shows.

D) Howard is a solid goaltender and has been fantastic all year. He would be a major improvement over Allen and the players would play better knowing that they have a capable goalie behind them. Teams play differently when they have a sieve in net. Look at Buffalo, see what happens when they have a goalie like Hutton that they believe in. Heck even the oilers with koskinen, they look so much better when they have someone in net that doesn't give up garbage goals.

E) Not sure what a trade 4 years ago has anything to do with anything. But maybe if the Blues as an organization took goaltending more seriously, instead of waiting on Allen they wouldn't have to give assets for bandaids. In this particular case, there's no reason why howard can't only save the season but be a credible solution for a few more years.

E) Kyrou is not a Grade A prospect, is he a good prospect? Sure. But he's doing nothing in the AHL and likely YEARS away from doing anything significant at the NHL (if even, as I said...magic beans). A prospect. You're going to throw a season away because of a 2nd round pick that's under 0.5 ppg in the AHL at the age of 20? If that's the case, start selling now. Trade everyone. Blow it up and trade vlad, jaden, o'rielly, pietrangelo, schenn, steen, perron, bozak, etc...these guys will be past their prime by that time that kid is ready.

As i say this, watch allen get a shutout vs howard tonight.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Howard is a definite upgrade in goal but I don't think he's worth a top flight package. Could cost a guy like Kyrou though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad