The Blue Jackets Pysche

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
NHL OR A EUROPEAN TEAM? HOW ABOUT JUST A HOCKEY TEAM? LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING RIGHT HERE. I USED TA GET ON MY KNEES EVERY DAY WHEN I WAS A KID AND PRAY FOR GOD TO MAKE ME A HOCKEY PLAYER. I DIDN'T SAY NHL PLAYER, SO I SPENT 17 YEARS IN THE MINORS.

ANYWAY, I WAS IN SPRINGFIELD WITH EDDIE SHORE, THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS, AND WE HAD PUNCH IMLACH AS OUR COACH. SO WE GOTTA GUY NAMED PUNCH BEHIND THE BENCH, AND A GUY WHO ONCE HAD HIS EAR CUT OFF AND SEWED IT BACK ON HIMSELF BEHIND HIM. AFTER THE FIRST YEAR, PUNCH WENT TO TORONTO SO SATAN SHORE MADE GLEN SONMOR THE COACH. SO WE REPLACED A GUY NAMED PUNCH WITH A GUY WHO LOST HIS EYE PLAYING HOCKEY.

SO WE WERE PLAYING IN CLEVELAND AND WE WERE DOWN AFTER THE FIRST PERIOD. GLEN CAME IN AND HE LOOKED AROUND AND SAID THAT WE WERE HORSEBLEEP AND NONE OF US WERE TOUGH ENOUGH TO FIGHT HIM. SO HE TOOK HIS GLASS EYE AND THREW IT DOWN AND SAID THAT YOU HAD TO SACRIFICE TO PLAY HOCKEY AND WE WEREN'T PLAYING LIKE WE WANTED TO BE THERE. WELL, WE WENT OUT THERE AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF CLEVELAND. WE WON EVERY SINGLE FIGHT, BUT THEY STILL BEAT US 15-4.

YOU KNOW WHY WE BEAT THEM AND THEY BEAT US? NO EUROS ON EITHER TEAM. NO HELMETS, NO VISORS, NO FRENCHIES. JUST A LOTTA GOOD OL' CANADIAN BOYS WHO DIDN'T SPEAK THAT YABBA DABBA DOO LANGUAGE, JUST THE LANGUAGE OF HOCKEY THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED. REAL HOCKEY IS LIKE GOOD COUNTRY MUSIC: IT ISN'T GOOD UNLESS IT INVOLVES YOUR FISTS.[/CherryMode]

:hockey:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
When have we every truly committed to the future? Every year we have too many guys on the wrong side of 30. Yes we trade veterans but we end up signed retreads in free agency (or via trade) to replace them.
This franchise has never said "let's play the kids" even in the expansion years. Yes it means we'll get hammered over the next season (maybe two o three). We continually sign enough vets to always make us a 75-85 point team which is exactly the place you don't want to be. Be great (championship winning) or be bad (meaning playing he kids and adding top level draft picks). This team is committed to mediocrity. That is their goal.

The current formula has never worked for this franchise, and no I don't want to be a last place team, but in the end we need that. if not we'll continue to toil in mediocrity until we get lucky and win a draft lottery.

Isn't CBJ the youngest or almost youngest team in the league? This post makes no logical sense.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
When have we every truly committed to the future? Every year we have too many guys on the wrong side of 30. Yes we trade veterans but we end up signed retreads in free agency (or via trade) to replace them.
This franchise has never said "let's play the kids" even in the expansion years. Yes it means we'll get hammered over the next season (maybe two o three). We continually sign enough vets to always make us a 75-85 point team which is exactly the place you don't want to be. Be great (championship winning) or be bad (meaning playing he kids and adding top level draft picks). This team is committed to mediocrity. That is their goal.

The current formula has never worked for this franchise, and no I don't want to be a last place team, but in the end we need that. if not we'll continue to toil in mediocrity until we get lucky and win a draft lottery.

It's like you've never watched the Blue Jackets play...:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad